I've been looking forward to this one and managed to have some hands-on time with this at a boutique today. Rough and ready phone pics below.
Initial reaction was, sadly, underwhelming.
One of the things I liked about the design on-screen was that it was fresh and crisp, with a striking relief between the white and blue. In reality, it felt a bit washed out.
The dial is silvery, tending towards grey in certain light. The bezel was also quite muted, particularly on the white section. I couldn't quite tell but it seemed to me to be caused by the bezel being sapphire poured over a flat white insert, giving a milimetre or two of coverage and dulling the colour to a dirty white/grey. It did not help that the bezel and dial had a plastic protective film.
A few other things struck me:
- this thing is thick. Really thick. I'm struggling to find an accurate measurement online, but it was immediately obvious to me. (For reference, I have a PO chrono and a CW trident chrono, neither of which is small, and yet I still noticed the height of this one.)
- part of that is because it wears smaller (to my eye) than its 43mm. Part of that is the bezel, of course, but I also felt the dial was a bit cramped, leading to an overall impression of a pretty "squat" piece.
- the font on the rehaut clashes much more than I thought it would.
- there also appears to be a milimetre or so of space above the rehaut before the crystal, adding to the height of the watch. Could be an optical illusion and I was actually seeing the wall of the crystal, I suppose.
Exhibition back and rotor decoration are pretty cool.
- they did not have the Kevlar strap in the set, which was surprising - I thought they all came with it. This had navy rubber and a lighter blue leather with white contrast stitching.
- the set came in a gorgeous blue leather watch wallet, complete with strap tool and various pockets.
Some comparison pics with what I was wearing at the time - a B&M Capeland Flyback (beautiful piece!).
Overall....hmm. Didn't grab me like I thought it would and need to mull it over some more.
Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk