Buying Bremont from AD: Pricing Question
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Buying Bremont from AD: Pricing Question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buying Bremont from AD: Pricing Question

Spent the better part of the New Year's weekend scouting the entire catalogue of Bremont. Really thinking about purchasing one of three watches. Here they are:
    1. White dial/ Polished case Solo. Looks like it can be easily dressed up or down. I like the mix of shiny and toolishness.
    2. Black dial S300 diver: I need a 40 mm diver in my life, and the matte finish on that bezel looks so good. Love how this one wears on a brown leather strap.
    3. White dial/ Blue barrel MBII: Just perfect IMO.

Thoughts on/ Experiences with these would be appreciated.

I found a dealer in the Manayunk section of Philadelphia and might need to pay a visit. For those of you who know, should I be asking for/expecting a discount off of MSRP for a Bremont, and what percentage if so? I lean toward buying other people's mistakes when it comes to watch buying, but for the right deal, I could pull the trigger on a new model. And if it happens, I'm deleting my WUS account and any other watch-related forum accounts on FB and IG and finding a new hobby.
    Kratsmoose likes this.
    Dave

Re: Buying Bremont from AD: Pricing Question

Wait......there are Bremont ADs?

And deleting all fb and ig accounts is an excellent idea in any case.

No, never buy a Bremont from an AD.

Not sure what you mean about this business of deleting your accounts and finding a new hobby.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Gotta say a rather odd mix of 3 there. diver, semi-dressy and MB. So not sure how to answer but..
    The solo to me doesn't do it. Do not know whether you are looking at 43 or 37.
    300 does look good for a diver in 40mm altho the hour dots seem small.
    MB II - have had a couple. they are a little over 14mm in height and 43 mm but due to the case they don't wear that large. For me, the dual crowns with the inner rotating ring just didn't seem that great. Crown is also not screw down and hard to pull out.

Bremont's resale is not great so buying new at MSRP and flipping is going to hurt especially with sales tax.
    Course as you are probably aware preowned in the one you might want may not be available.

AD: of course there are Bremont ADs and Toppers is IMO where you should try.

Hobby: but if getting the right Bremont removes you from the forum then I would be sorry to help.

Heres my latest...consider this one?
    Name:  20171227_153044.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  1.98 MB
    Last edited by Betterthere; January 1st, 2018 at 22:10.
    1165dvd likes this.

Bremont is one brand I've sadly never had an opportunity to own, so can't help there. But I get the deleting accounts part, otherwise you could end up like me, with the equivalent of half you mortgage invested (invested?!) in dumb watches.
    Kratsmoose and 1165dvd like this.
    My watch collection has become too big to fit in my signature

Quote Originally Posted by Betterthere View Post
    Gotta say a rather odd mix of 3 there. diver, semi-dressy and MB. So not sure how to answer but..
    The solo to me doesn't do it. Do not know whether you are looking at 43 or 37.
    300 does look good for a diver in 40mm altho the hour dots seem small.
    MB II - have had a couple. they are a little over 14mm in height and 43 mm but due to the case they don't wear that large. For me, the dual crowns with the inner rotating ring just didn't seem that great. Crown is also not screw down and hard to pull out.

Bremont's resale is not great so buying new at MSRP and flipping is going to hurt especially with sales tax.
    Course as you are probably aware preowned in the one you might want may not be available.

AD: of course there are Bremont ADs and Toppers is IMO where you should try.

Hobby: but if getting the right Bremont removes you from the forum then I would be sorry to help.

Heres my latest...consider this one?
    Name:  20171227_153044.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  1.98 MB
    Thanks for the knowledge. Have to say that it seems many gush over the MBII. It's nice to get a more critical review of it. As for the hobby part and leaving the forum, it remains a goal of mine, albeit far fetched. My tastes change so quickly, mainly b/c of of what I see on the forums. And that leads to all the flips I've made and the dollars lost because of them. Kind of like an alcoholic who has to move away from his corner bar in hopes of drying out.

PS: If any of you have time to check out ebay, I just saw a too good to be true MBII up for auction. Asked the guy for more info and he was very sketchy. Wanted a simple pic with a clear view of the serial number. He said he's not interested in selling to me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bremont-Wat...0AAOSwZqZaQyzz

Don't know if it's a fake, or if it was acquired through nefarious means, But it didn't feel right to me.
    Dave

If I were you I would visit that A.D. near you and see what he has of the watches you like. Try them on and see if one of them really fits what you want. Ask about discounts but only if you are prepared to buy. This is basic respect and consideration of the salespersons time.

You could also leave that shop and contact Rob Caplin at Toppers Jewelers in San Francisco to buy a Bremont. Rob is a great guy and takes great care of members here. Jmho.
    Kevin
    1165dvd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1165dvd View Post
    Thanks for the knowledge. Have to say that it seems many gush over the MBII. It's nice to get a more critical review of it. As for the hobby part and leaving the forum, it remains a goal of mine, albeit far fetched. My tastes change so quickly, mainly b/c of of what I see on the forums. And that leads to all the flips I've made and the dollars lost because of them. Kind of like an alcoholic who has to move away from his corner bar in hopes of drying out.....
    understand the many flips and $... Best cure I found was switching to couple of rolexes.. lol
    1165dvd likes this.

I too am looking at a Bremont. I like the MBll with the orange case and the light color dial.
    When I am looking for a watch, any watch I never ask for a discount. I go in knowing MSRP and how much I am willing to pay. I will always ask " what is your best price out the door" Then I go from there.
    In the past I have been given a price for more than I am willing to pay then the negotiations start from there. It's a starting point.
    In the past I had gone to a Ad I have purchased from in the past with no intention of buying. He is a AD in the Caribbean I have purchased several watches from when we are on cruises. We went in and my wife saw a watch she liked so I asked " what is the best price you can do out the door." He gave me such a great price I could not say no.
    This is how I go about buying watches. I usually do the same thing when I am buying a new car. I works for me.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Streetboss View Post
    If I were you I would visit that A.D. near you and see what he has of the watches you like. Try them on and see if one of them really fits what you want. Ask about discounts but only if you are prepared to buy. This is basic respect and consideration of the salespersons time.

You could also leave that shop and contact Rob Caplin at Toppers Jewelers in San Francisco to buy a Bremont. Rob is a great guy and takes great care of members here. Jmho.
    Kevin
    Obviously, I know that I can always visit the AD. He's about an hour from me, so it will be a minor inconvenience to visit his showroom. The thread was more geared at gauging Bremont owners' thoughts on brand pricing and value, as many a watch fan have roundly criticized the brand without ever owning one, let along strapping one on their wrist. It'd be nice to be informed before taking that hour drive.

As for negotiating technique, to each their own.

Thanks for the Toppers lead. I'm aware that they sponsor the forums and have an otherwise great reputation. Should it come time to purchase, I'll keep Rob in mind.
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information