Chances of an MBII Re-design
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Vig2000
  • 1 Post By 1165dvd
  • 1 Post By Vig2000
  • 1 Post By 1165dvd

Thread: Chances of an MBII Re-design

Chances of an MBII Re-design

I was just searching through threads on the MBII. Mainly looking for pictures. I came across this link:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t

It's dated 2011. It got me thinking. What is the typical lifecycle of any watch design, and what are the chances of a refresh on the MBII? Seamasters and Subs, both wildly successful and iconic watches for their respective brands, are updated every decade or so...so why not this one?

It would drive me nuts to finally pull the trigger, and then have the watch change for the better, minutely or very dramatically, in the next year or so. The case lines might change. Maybe the dial font and layout are toyed with. The manufacture movement finally breathes to life!

The 500 range of divers from Bremont just experienced a bit of an overhaul. I believe the Alt series, which I don't particularly follow, has too. I'm only guessing that the MB's are the bread and butter of the brand, and if it ain't broke...

But could you see such a thing happening? Should it?

PS: adding an Aquamarine center barrel color option, or any other color for that matter, isn't the change I'm talking about.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Dave

Re: Chances of an MBII Re-design

As you pointed out, other Bremont watches have received a facelift, so it is conceivable that the MB line will too. However, if I'm not mistaken, the MBII is their bestseller, so maybe not? It's impossible to tell what they'll do given how most watch companies, Bremont included, are incredibly secretive.
    1165dvd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vig2000 View Post
    As you pointed out, other Bremont watches have received a facelift, so it is conceivable that the MB line will too. However, if I'm not mistaken, the MBII is their bestseller, so maybe not? It's impossible to tell what they'll do given how most watch companies, Bremont included, are incredibly secretive.
    Yes, these sorts of changes usually come out of the blue as a "huge" surprise. I understand that no one knows. I'm guessing the law of averages for a redesign says its getting close, or at least has to be on their minds, but does it make sense to do it? And if so, what might owners and potential buyers want out of it?

Vig2000 likes this.
    Dave

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 1165dvd View Post
    Yes, these sorts of changes usually come out of the blue as a "huge" surprise. I understand that no one knows. I'm guessing the law of averages for a redesign says its getting close, or at least has to be on their minds, but does it make sense to do it? And if so, what might owners and potential buyers want out of it?

If I'm forced to guess, then I would say that they wouldn't be inclined to release a redesign. Again, I believe it's their bestseller and most likely what their sales force steer potential customers to buy. They might wind up alienating prospective buyers with any substantial redesign, so if it ain't broke, then why fix it?
    1165dvd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vig2000 View Post
    If I'm forced to guess, then I would say that they wouldn't be inclined to release a redesign. Again, I believe it's their bestseller and most likely what their sales force steer potential customers to buy. They might wind up alienating prospective buyers with any substantial redesign, so if it ain't broke, then why fix it?
    I'm pretty sure you are correct. Just wondering aloud. Hard to recall a bell-cow watch that didn't undergo at least some kind of change after over a decade, but I guess brands like Sinn get away with it with many of their models.

So I'll play my own game. My opiinion: get rid of the day complication, I'd like to at least see what subtly bolder dial numbers look like, add a screw down crown, keep the ETA but....lower the price about a grand. I'm over the In-house necessity. Service stays simple.

One more thing. I actually like what they did with the new end link on the bracelet. Looks good imo, though I doubt I'd ever wear this watch on a bracelet anyway. Overall, I'm not a fan of Bremont's bracelet aesthetic.

Vig2000 likes this.
    Dave

Thread Information