cosc certificate
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: cosc certificate

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Highland, Ca
    Posts
    141

    cosc certificate

    Is it standard for GM dealers to remove the documentation for the cosc? According to the bremont manual the warranty card is the cosc and must be sent to bremont to register the watch. Since it wasnt bought at an AD I figure this is why it want included with the watch.

  2. #2
    Member Vig2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,385

    Re: cosc certificate

    Even if you buy a Bremont brand new from an AD, the COSC certificate is not included with the watch. If a Bremont owner wants the COSC certificate, then the owner will have to request it from Bremont. In order to request the COSC certificate, you will have to register your watch with Bremont either electronically by scanning your warranty card or by mailing it to them:

    Register my Bremont – Bremont Watch Company
    Last edited by Vig2000; December 25th, 2015 at 07:00.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Highland, Ca
    Posts
    141

    Re: cosc certificate

    thank you. I am currently chatting with an amazon rep.

    So what is involved with obtaining this cert or is it even necessary? Seems I would need to have the warranty card to activate this COSC certificate. Since there is no warranty card from a GD I guess that is the difference between buying AD vs GD.

    This watch came with no warranty card. In the manual it states that it is there and to be filled out and sent in. So thats the part I was questioning since I dont have any of that. The watch does appear perfect though.

    There is also no sticker on the case back but no signs of having been worn. No skin in the grooves of the band or finger marks etc. Looks very clean. The rep from amazon states that these watches are all inspected by amazon jewelers before being shipped which is pretty cool if thats true. Makes it a pretty secure purchase knowing it had some additional quality control vs a company like amazon simply boxing and shipping items
    Last edited by brian45acp; December 24th, 2015 at 15:43.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Vig2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,385

    Re: cosc certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by brian45acp View Post
    thank you. I am currently chatting with an amazon rep.

    So what is involved with obtaining this cert or is it even necessary?
    The COSC certificate just shows that the movement is chronometer certified. It is not absolutely necessary to have the COSC certificate, but some people want it for the sake of completeness and having all papers that go with the watch. Also, since you did not purchase the Bremont from an AD, I'm assuming that the warranty card is blank and not stamped. If that's the case, then you will not be entitled to Bremont's warranty coverage, although a warranty may be provided by Amazon instead. I am also not sure if Bremont would even give you the COSC certificate since it was purchased via grey dealer. You may want to ask Bremont about that.

    EDIT: Just saw your updated response regarding the no warranty card with the watch. That is typical when purchasing from the grey market. Unfortunately, you will not be entitled to warranty coverage through Bremont, and my guess is that Bremont will not likely send you the COSC certificate either since they need to see your warranty card in order to send out the COSC certificate.
    Last edited by Vig2000; December 24th, 2015 at 16:13.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Highland, Ca
    Posts
    141

    Re: cosc certificate

    I love the watch and if I saved $2100 I can live with out the piece of paper for sure. I just wanted to confirm my purchase from Amazon was complete and all documents were included. Seems their jewelers understand this process and likely remove this card as part of the agreement selling as non authorized dealers.

    I appreciate your quick responses. I thanked the amazon rep with your help confirming this. I dont think its something they would understand as they arent specialists in any one particular product and this seems to be a pretty deep issue.

  7. #6
    Member Vig2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,385

    Re: cosc certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by brian45acp View Post
    I love the watch and if I saved $2100 I can live with out the piece of paper for sure. I just wanted to confirm my purchase from Amazon was complete and all documents were included. Seems their jewelers understand this process and likely remove this card as part of the agreement selling as non authorized dealers.

    I appreciate your quick responses. I thanked the amazon rep with your help confirming this. I dont think its something they would understand as they arent specialists in any one particular product and this seems to be a pretty deep issue.
    The one thing to worry about when purchasing a Bremont via grey market is the warranty. Did you find out if Amazon warranties the watch? To be honest, I've heard that Amazon outsources their watch warranties and have heard some people complain about various aspects their warranty service, whereas Bremont is known for their great customer service and quick turnaround time. It's always a bit of a trade off when purchasing via grey dealer as opposed to authorized dealer.
    Last edited by Vig2000; December 24th, 2015 at 16:02.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Highland, Ca
    Posts
    141

    Re: cosc certificate

    Amazon uses Asurion. I would likely just use Bremont if needed.

    Gemnation replied saying they do include the cosc cert but based on what you are saying I think they aren't accurate regarding Bremont watches. I would like to know for certain because I could return to Amazon and purchase from gemnation if it's worth having complete documents assuming they are accurate in stating they provide the cert

  9. #8
    Member Vig2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,385

    Re: cosc certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by brian45acp View Post
    Amazon uses Asurion. I would likely just use Bremont if needed.

    Gemnation replied saying they do include the cosc cert but based on what you are saying I think they aren't accurate regarding Bremont watches. I would like to know for certain because I could return to Amazon and purchase from gemnation if it's worth having complete documents assuming they are accurate in stating they provide the cert
    Well, it depends on how they source the watch. I would venture to guess that Amazon most likely purchased your watch brand new from excess AD stock, which is why the warranty card (and therefore the COSC certificate) was not included. Assuming Gemnation is being truthful about including the COSC certificate with the watch, then they may have purchased it pre-owned with the COSC certificate already requested by the previous owner. You can request that Gemnation send you some photos of all the papers and accessories that accompany the watch. Make sure that you ask them for a clear picture of the warranty card, including serial number, and also make sure that serial number matches the inscription on the caseback. If they're unable or unwilling to provide you with these photos, then I would take that as a clear sign to stay away from them.
    Last edited by Vig2000; December 25th, 2015 at 07:02.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Highland, Ca
    Posts
    141

    Re: cosc certificate

    Gemnation giving very generic info. I replied stating that it was interesting they had the cosc being that I just learned it is only sent out after the warranty card which comes from an AD is registered on Bremonts web site. They replied back again saying they dont include any warranty card. I guess they are just giving generic responses until further questioned.

    I did some searching on the forum and it seems the procedure is as you said. register with Bremont online and they send cosc info and goodies like hat and sticker etc. So I am good to go with what I have from Amazon and based on gemnation responses am a little skeptical. I dont like them saying one thing then changing it but not exactly elaborating on the fact they gave wrong info to begin with. Imagine getting the watch then contacting them regarding the promise of cosc cert which obviously doesnt exist with the watch no matter where its purchased.

  11. #10
    Member Vig2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,385

    Re: cosc certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by brian45acp View Post
    Gemnation giving very generic info. I replied stating that it was interesting they had the cosc being that I just learned it is only sent out after the warranty card which comes from an AD is registered on Bremonts web site. They replied back again saying they dont include any warranty card. I guess they are just giving generic responses until further questioned.

    I did some searching on the forum and it seems the procedure is as you said. register with Bremont online and they send cosc info and goodies like hat and sticker etc. So I am good to go with what I have from Amazon and based on gemnation responses am a little skeptical. I dont like them saying one thing then changing it but not exactly elaborating on the fact they gave wrong info to begin with. Imagine getting the watch then contacting them regarding the promise of cosc cert which obviously doesnt exist with the watch no matter where its purchased.
    Can't say that I'm surprised. It's really a mixed bag with grey dealers. I've heard all kind of stories when purchasing grey, both good and bad. I personally would not purchase from some of the more popular grey dealers, such as Gemnation or Jomashop, because you never know what you're going to get, and if the watch winds up going haywire, you're stuck with their own warranty. There have been some really doozies on here with people going through, say, a Jomashop warranty—not exactly the most pleasant of experiences. Suffice it to say, if I don't go the AD route, then I'd much rather purchased pre-owned from a private seller with a valid manufacturer's warranty.

    Also, a grey dealer's primary motivation is to profit, which makes sense that Gemnation is giving you the runaround. An AD is also motivated by profit, but to a lesser extent I think. A grey dealer just wants your money and then says "bye Felicia," so the incentive to provide quality aftersales service is not as strong as that of an AD. An AD, especially the smaller and independent ones, has more of a vested interest to build meaningful relationships with their customers in order to earn their repeat business down the road. And that means providing quality aftercare service when necessary.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. COSC certificate
      By Cymruambyth in forum Omega
      Replies: 28
      Last Post: May 5th, 2014, 23:30
    2. FS Ball Master II Chronometer (COSC, all boxes and COSC certificate, good condition)
      By Memento Vivere in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: February 1st, 2012, 17:08
    3. COSC Certificate
      By dommorton in forum Omega
      Replies: 29
      Last Post: August 15th, 2008, 20:56
    4. How can you get the COSC certificate?
      By bandityo in forum Breitling
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: June 17th, 2008, 20:58
    5. COSC certificate
      By Phil_needs_help in forum Omega
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: January 20th, 2008, 23:50

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •