A different perspective on Bremont as a Company
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: A different perspective on Bremont as a Company

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

A different perspective on Bremont as a Company

I've always believed that you can tell a lot about a company by how they treat people. We hear a lot about the great customer service that Bremont has always provided, but I have a even greater appreciation for the people of Bremont after a recent happening. I've been a fan for a while of Bremont, and have gone and supported some of the events for them at our forum sponsor Toppers clear across the country for me. You can really get addicted to the energy of the people from Bremont.

Back in the middle of February I had a heart attack that lead to a quadruple bypass surgery. I came through this good and was out of the hospital in five days only to be right back in four days later with a more serious issue of blood clots in my lungs. This had me back in the hospital nearly four more weeks. In about week two of the second hospital stay I received and email from Nick English, and Michael Person wishing me a speedy recovery. It was not just a form letter, and there were some things showing they took the time to write it themselves. I was very touched by this out reach. You can't understand how much this touched me along with my friend Rob flying across the county to spend a weekend with me in the hospital. It really helped me get through that last weeks in the Hospital.

I just wanted to say thanks again to them publicly, and let everyone know that as a company you could not deal with a much nicer group of people that really do care. The same can be said about Toppers and the Caplan family.
    Last edited by samanator; April 11th, 2017 at 20:17.
    troyr1, adamcb, JMURRAY16 and 7 others like this.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Re: A different perspective on Bremont as a Company

A very nice a personal move. I hope you are recovering well.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    samanator likes this.

Hope you get well soon and great to hear customer service is not dead, maybe some of the other companies could learn a thing or two!
    samanator likes this.
    Just when you think there are enough arseholes in the world, someone else always proves you wrong!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That personal touch, and Mike Pearson's general passion as a watch and customer fan was one of the main things that drew, and continues to keep me with Bremont. Hope they stay true to those roots.

Hope you're back on the road to recovery Sam ~

Hope all goes well. Says a lot about Bremont and Rob. It also says quite a bit about you that they would care that much.
    troyr1 and samanator like this.

Damn, I'm genuinely sorry to hear about your health; hopefully that's the last speedbump on your life's journey.

I would tend to agree about Bremont's attitude and "personality" as a brand. The one occasion I had to meet Nick, he recounted a story where a friend of his who was attempting to launch a brand was driven to tears over the scathing criticism he received from the watch cognoscenti about his watches, with the point being, why cannot we simply enjoy watches and vote with our wallets instead of tearing down that which is not to our taste? I know the kerfuffle with the Wright Flyer is interpreted by many to be Bremont being intentionally deceitful, but when you talk to Nick about it, he readily admits that he thinks it's extremely confusing what the community considers to be in-house versus not, given that many brands with in-house movements outsource the production of many of the parts to China...yet the community readily overlooks this.

I think - and this is just me - should Bremont be able to survive the current downturn in the market with its current leadership intact, you may see great things from them down the road. No, they will never be a Rolex or Omega, and they will readily tell you this is not in their plans. Their goal is to be thought of as the quintessential British Manufacture, one of the reasons they eschewed Basel this year, in spite of having a number of models to unveil. According to Nick, they have no plan to ever delve into haute horology, but rather to be a small production that focuses on quality over quantity.

Regards,
    Alysandir
    • Blancpain Bathyscaphe Chronographe 5200.1110.70B
    • Bremont Boeing Model 247 Ti-GMT
    • Casio G-Shock GW2310FB-1CR
    • Casio G-Shock Frogman GWFD1000B-1
    • Grand Seiko Snowflake Gen1 SBGA011
    • Omega Globemaster 130.33.39.21.03.001
    • Omega Grey Side of the Moon 311.93.44.51.99.001
    • Oris Aquis "Source of Life" LE 01 733 7730 4125
    • Oris Aquis "Staghorn Restoration" LE 01.735.7734.4185
    • Rolex Daytona 116523-WSO/78593
    • Rolex Submariner 114060

Michael Person is a great guy. I have spoken to him before at an AD.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    samanator likes this.
    Regards,

Richard

Thanks for sharing your story, hope you get well soon by the way.

Bremont as a brand intrigues me. Being a Brit living overseas, I have an affinity with all things British. I like my Brit TV, I drive my Range Rover (okay I know it's owned by an Indian company....) and I like the idea of a British watchmaker sticking it to the establishment. Unfortunately, growing up in and around North Weald in Essex, I am also too familiar with the fateful events that brought this brand into existence. But, out of disaster, sometimes hope is born.

Bremont gets criticism for being a young company with no heritage, which is why some people don't take them as seriously as they should. Everything has to start somewhere and to me, they are making great headway into becoming a future classic. That said, I tend to root for the underdog. I like the fact that they aren't pretending to be anything they are not - just producing their own style of watches, uniquely designed with an eye firmly on quality and purpose, rather than mass market.

I wish Nick and Giles and the rest of the team all the best for their future endeavours and count myself fortunate to be a Bremont owner.
    samanator and brucebobby like this.
    ROLEX PANERAI OMEGA BREMONT HEUER MONTBLANC

Like Pukka I'm a Brit expat that still has a love of British stuff, I live in Hong Kong, and the Bremont boutique here had a launch event for the new 2017 models. Giles was attending it and I got the chance to sit down and just chat with him. A thoroughly nice guy and despite coming from a very privileged background was not in the least bit pretentious or aloof like many of his peers often are. He genuinely engaged with me and others and I was most impressed. Nick actually presented my brother with his special edition Army Air Corps Lynx pilots watch when it was ready for him.

Ironically that evening I decided to watch the BBC series "Skies Over Britain" and to my surprise both Nick and Giles are featured quite a lot in the first couple of episodes, not as watchmakers but as pilots and a lot of their life story was part of it. Fascinating and well worth watching if you haven't seen it!

Anyway Bremont are beginning to gain ground in HK as a brand and very popular in Thailand too. They're currently building a new purpose production facility in order to bring all the elements of production under one roof rather than spread about the UK. I think they'll survive the downturn just fine and I wish them well too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    samanator likes this.

Always nice to hear a story like this, OP. Hope you're on the mend!

I've posted about my experience with Bremont before, but I'll say it again: Their customer service is simply outstanding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    samanator likes this.
    Instagram: erikclabaugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information