Finally got a Bremont- what a great value!
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Finally got a Bremont- what a great value!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finally got a Bremont- what a great value!

Maybe I intrigued a few of you with that title? Just got an MB3, and here are some initial thoughts.

I've been looking at Bremonts since a year ago, when I happened on their store in NYC while looking at other watches. I didn't know much at that time about the brand but were pretty blown away by them. Started doing my research and discovered a lot of passionate fans, but also a lot of passionate "haters." Most of the haters think the watch is way overpriced. Well after a few flips I scrounged up enough to grab a used MB3 off the forum for a great price- I wanted to judge for myself.

I am fairly value-conscious. I buy almost exclusively second-hand (although am not opposed to supporting a good AD). I have come to realize that value for me means simply: value=benefit/cost. Cost is fairly easy to determine, but benefit is much more elusive. Some consider benefit to be related to the specifications of the watch (materials), whether it is in-house, the "provenance", if it's a status symbol, etc.

I am not immune to these considerations, but for me, value is determined simply by the question, "how much do I like it?" I realize a lot of people look at Bremonts and think they do not have good value, because they're not in-house; they are a new brand without history; etc., and they cost as much as Omega, and more than Tudor for example.

For me, my value calculation on this MB3 is simple. If purchased on the second-hand market, this watch has amazing value.

It is a tank. It feels indestructible. It is super masculine. Its design is unique and very cool. Internal bezel is so satisfying. It has a cool story. It just f-ing rocks.

Downsides for me- it's a little big. Bremont, you need to make the MB series in a 40-41mm!! Also, the tight crown issue is ridiculous.

Cheers.
    Independent George likes this.

Re: Finally got a Bremont- what a great value!

Here is a pic. Really nice on Erika’s Original MN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Looks nice

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ha! You got me. Bremont and value are not often put together in the same sentence, unless there is a negative qualifier thrown in. I like mine though, enough to buy it new... and I never buy new!

I think the ALT1 series wears a little better and counter intuitively smaller. The extra thickness seems to match the 43mm diameter a little better to my eye. Slightly harder to fit under long sleeves though. I do love the knurled center ring on the MB series and think the MB3 is the best of the bunch. Nice pickup!
    LosAngelesTimer likes this.

Congrats. They are definitely on my short list.

I had the MBIII and because it sat in rotation of a number of watches ( and usually only worn at weekends ) I was forever setting the time when I picked it up and the tight crown drove me insane ! sold it for this reason.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your watch, I am interested in getting a MB II eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Helo View Post
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your watch, I am interested in getting a MB II eventually.
    Get it :)
    Helo likes this.
    @mr.airwristi

Current collection:
    Bremont MBII Military and Special Projects (Titanium Barrel)
    Bremont MBIII Military and Special Projects DLC (Jet Barrel)
    Bremont RAAF Medical Branch
    Rolex Explorer 2 16570
    Tudor Prince Oysterdate Chrono-Time 9121/0S

Quote Originally Posted by sjsoon View Post
    Get it :)
    I will one day!

Second hand is the way to go with Bremont. Congratulations!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information