Gemnation Supermarine 500 Great Price, Horrible Lume..
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gemnation Supermarine 500 Great Price, Horrible Lume..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gemnation Supermarine 500 Great Price, Horrible Lume..

Hey All,
    I recently purchased a Blue Supermarine 500 from Gemnation. Amazing price @ 3k but was very disappointed that when I received the watch the lume was uneven and really weak as what you see and hear on the forums. So I immediately called them and explained to them the issue. They were very cooperative and said he would look at it. Once received he , he explained that he did notice the uneven lume and it being poor. Initially, I wanted a exchange , but he explained that he checked all the other ones and probably for what I paid he didn't think I would be happy with any of the ones he had. He did say they were better but at what I paid he clearly stated I wouldn't be happy. So I'm just giving a heads up to all my forum Brothers, don't be too quick to jump at those Grey Market deals. I ultimately asked if these were seconds and he never responded. In the end, received a full refund.. Regards...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re: Gemnation Supermarine 500 Great Price, Horrible Lume..

Good to know and glad you got a full refund

Quote Originally Posted by denmanproject View Post
    Good to know and glad you got a full refund
    Just wanted to put it out there as he said he sold almost 15 of them. ...those should have Torch like lume from what I researched.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm sorry to hear this, I am glad that you got a refund, I received this green version from Gemnation a week or so ago and while not blown away by the lume, I find it acceptable, maybe the versions at Gemnation have inferior lume, I really don't have another to compare it to so maybe mine suffers the same defect, but to me, it seems pretty strong and evenly applied. Here is mine with a decent charge, I think possibly that in low light conditions, you see the green on the dial and bezel and confuse it with luminosity when it is in fact just the color, at any rate, I'm happy with it and am glad I chose it over the blue which seems to have issues in that department. Here is mine in total darkness, low light and photos of an Alpina with comparable lume and lastly, a Maratac GPT-1 with what I find to be exceptional lume.

Last edited by Michael 808; February 28th, 2016 at 16:45.

I wonder if it was grey market or possibly a fake? Either way, it is good to know that Gemnation stood behind the deal and made it right. It sounds like he was very straight with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 808 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear this, I am glad that you got a refund, I received this green version from Gemnation a week or so ago and while not blown away by the lume, I find it acceptable, maybe the versions at Gemnation have inferior lume, I really don't have another to compare it to so maybe mine suffers the same defect, but to me, it seems pretty strong and evenly applied. Here is mine with a decent charge, I think possibly that in low light conditions, you see the green on the dial and bezel and confuse it with luminosity when it is in fact just the color, at any rate, I'm happy with it and am glad I chose it over the blue which seems to have issues in that department. Here is mine in total darkness, low light and photos of an Alpina with comparable lume and lastly, a Maratac GPT-1 with what I find to be exceptional lume.

Your green by far is way better than the blue one I had. I would've been happy with that. In mine you could see black in the background, like it was lightly painted. It was pretty bad. Unacceptable for s 3k watch. But happy you got a decent one. Maybe it was meant to be. As I picked up a Gen 1 Pelagos, which I wanted as well. I'll have to try the Supermarine again as it was crazy High End Quality. Everything else was top notch..

Quote Originally Posted by TigerDore View Post
    I wonder if it was grey market or possibly a fake? Either way, it is good to know that Gemnation stood behind the deal and made it right. It sounds like he was very straight with you.
    It was definitely Authentic just maybe it was a second. Like you said either way Gemnation stood by and did the right thing...

If anyone is going to get something defective, it's gonna be me, I really anticipated finding something wrong with the watch but it passed my inspection, as you know, the only thing we didn't get was the inner box, which I can live without, sounds like your lume was pretty bad but in the end it worked out, you did end up with a Pelagos after all which is a darn nice timepiece!!

Yeah, but can't lie, the Supermarine was awesome...I was sad to see it go. I'll obtain it again...

I have the Supermarine s500/bk and I love it. It is a great watch.

Quote Originally Posted by amt76 View Post
    Yeah, but can't lie, the Supermarine was awesome...I was sad to see it go. I'll obtain it again...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information