I have the most amazing wife...
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: I have the most amazing wife...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I have the most amazing wife...

She is magnificent!! Several weeks ago, I joined watchuseek to solicit advice via this thread on the type of watch I was looking for. To quote my initial post:

I want something that POPS when you look at it. Something stunning, but understated at the same time. Depth of field and color. I have found that in Bremont's DH-88, but I can't find it in me to starve the kids in order to spend $10k+.

I got suggestions from IWC, to Omega, to Alpina, and on down the line. Everything was great looking online, but nothing popped as did the DH-88. Granted, that may not have been the case in person, but I don't have many watch dealers in this area to shop.
    Ever since I stumbled upon the Bremont, that to me was a stunning piece. Surprisingly, we have an AD here in Memphis so I went to talk to them and try a few watches on--MB III, ALT1ZT, WT, among others. Great watches...great quality...great service. The AD even went as far as to call NY to get his rep to send the prototype of the DH-88 out so I could take a gander (just for grins). The new limited editions had just been released as well...again, out of my range.

From the time I saw that prototype2 days later, I could not look at another watch without comparing it back to the DH-88. Everything seemed to fall short. I even had my second and 3rd watches picked out, but I still couldn't find that 1st one that I wanted to spend my hard earned money on.

In comes my wonderful bride...she and Tony (awesome Rep!!) worked behind the scenes to find me the last available, new DH-88 as a surprise birthday present. Alas, here I sit as the newest Bremont watch owner, and more specifically, a very proud owner of a superbly wicked limited edition DH-88 with alligator strap. Thank you Bremont!!

My wife asked if I would really spend $25k for a Wright Flyer, and after sleeping on the question, the answer came to me...absoutely yes. Look what that flight over 100 years ago has done for mankind and me personally. Only IF...

One of these days I will make it to Bremont HQ to meet the brainchild of these great timepieces and shake the English brothers' hands. Being of British descent, this company is holding a special place in my heart.

She truly is a magnificent woman and I don't deserve her! Thank you Rocky!

Now to pick out an alternate strap...what to get?

Name:  phpMD6nxZAM.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  159.9 KBName:  Optimized-IMG_1226.JPG
Views: 533
Size:  442.1 KB

Re: I have the most amazing wife...

What an awesome wife. And that is a very nice looking watch - very clean and easy to read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats Meat Ball! You’ll enjoy the DH-88! It’s a fine watch and has an interesting story worth sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was just scrolling through the home page on the app and had to stop when I saw this watch. I think that means you have a good one...story is cool too!

Meat_ball likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmwilliamson2 View Post
    I was just scrolling through the home page on the app and had to stop when I saw this watch. I think that means you have a good one...story is cool too!

Thanks. It’s pretty sweet!! I’m over the moon...

Quote Originally Posted by Jwalker9 View Post
    Congrats Meat Ball! You’ll enjoy the DH-88! It’s a fine watch and has an interesting story worth sharing!

Fine is right! Thanks for the well wishes

Quote Originally Posted by kepa View Post
    What an awesome wife. And that is a very nice looking watch - very clean and easy to read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    She’s the best! And my wife isn’t too bad either...

If shes looking for a new husband i'll send her a plane ticket to Australia ive got cheaper taste too!

Congrats mate, very nice watch, regards to Mrs Meat Ball, shes a keeper as we'd say here in Oz.
    Last edited by Cobia; October 21st, 2017 at 05:10.

Too bad that you just missed the brothers. They were in the US in September. In fact, they were at my local AD on 9/13, but something came up and I couldn't go myself. Of course, I neither have a Bremont nor can I afford one at the moment, even if my wife were like yours.

https://www.bremont.com/englishtour

Quote Originally Posted by PetrosD View Post
    Too bad that you just missed the brothers. They were in the US in September. In fact, they were at my local AD on 9/13, but something came up and I couldn't go myself. Of course, I neither have a Bremont nor can I afford one at the moment, even if my wife were like yours.

https://www.bremont.com/englishtour
    My AD was showing me photos of their visit to the local shop. It was a pretty big deal here...sad I missed it. It's a shame you did as well

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information