Just Joined the Bremont Club
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Just Joined the Bremont Club

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    It's funny because I was a Bremont "skeptic" at first. Because I was skeptical of the Bremont "backstory". I understand that if you want to be established in the luxury watch market, you need a backstory, and I thought the story told by the Brothers English was a little too good to be true, so whenever I would read about Bremont, I rolled my eyes.

And the pricing. I was one of those who was somewhat "offended" by their pricing. "They are charging how much? IWC charges more for comparable watches, but they have been around for 150 years. And Bremont has been around for only 10. The nerve!"

Yeah, like many people, I can be sheep-like when it comes to branding and marketing, too positive when I am predisposed to like a brand, too negative when I am not, and I'll make rationalizations to confirm my bias. And I am an attorney, so I am very good at rationalizations.

Then I actually tried on a Bremont watch.

My favorite watches are simple, three-handers with a date. I compared a Bremont Solo to an IWC Mark XVII, wrist to wrist, and I liked the Solo much much much more than the IWC. Same MSRP, but I felt the Bremont was more substantial, with a better WR, equal legibility, chronometer grade movement and COSC certification, applied indices, a display case back, and, most importantly, it looked and felt better on my wrist. So I pulled the trigger and FedEx just delivered it to my office a few minutes ago.

I dig the leather travel case. Watch boxes take up storage space, and they are kind of pointless unless you want to sell the watch, and the case Bremont provides is excellent.

Very, very happy with this watch. So happy I think I'll invest in a Bremont Chrono.

Anyway, here are some pictures, which aren't the best, but they will have to do:

Name:  Bremont Solo.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  2.49 MB

Name:  Bremont Case.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  1.53 MB
    Last edited by Independent George; November 29th, 2018 at 18:35.
    ataripower, wkw and Leonine like this.
    Grand Seiko SBGN001
    Bremont Solo/PB 43
    Bremont Supermarine S300/BR Black
    Maurice Lacroix Aikon Automatic Chronograph Blue Panda
    Citizen Skyhawk U600

Lonely in here.

Oh well, am I used to that.

"George? Party of one."
    whineboy likes this.
    Grand Seiko SBGN001
    Bremont Solo/PB 43
    Bremont Supermarine S300/BR Black
    Maurice Lacroix Aikon Automatic Chronograph Blue Panda
    Citizen Skyhawk U600

Welcome to the club and congrats on the purchase!

Be careful - some of us diehards have found Bremont to be a bit of an addiction!

Kidding aside, should you indeed find yourself perusing a Chrono, I would highly recommend the ALT1-P. A little busy for some, but absolutely built like a tank (not to mention the personal favorite of Mr. Giles English).

All the best!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Just Joined the Bremont Club

Quote Originally Posted by SLuc18 View Post
    Welcome to the club and congrats on the purchase!

Be careful - some of us diehards have found Bremont to be a bit of an addiction!

Kidding aside, should you indeed find yourself perusing a Chrono, I would highly recommend the ALT1-P. A little busy for some, but absolutely built like a tank (not to mention the personal favorite of Mr. Giles English).

All the best!
    That was the one I was looking at! That and the World Timer.

I am big on legibility, so that's why I am drawn to the Pilot Chronos. And I like to wear my watch and forget about it for the day, so that's good to know it's tough like a tank.

Bremont remain hugely underrated in my opinion. The Supermarine divers are immense. Recently picked up the Endurance and it's just superb
    Rolex 116660 D-Blue, Tudor Black Bay Bronze/Blue, Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 45th Anniversary, Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary, Omega Speedmaster Apollo 17 40th Anniversary, Omega Speedy Tuesday, Omega ​Ultraman, Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre, Omega x33 Skywalker Solar Impulse, Omega ​Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono Deep Black, Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre Heuer 01 Matt Black, Hamilton ​Khaki X-Wind Chrono, Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Double Retrograde, Timex ​Marlin Peanuts

Congrats! I just picked up one too, an mb3. Can’t wait for it to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Independent George likes this.

They're great watches. Nice choice. I'll get another MBII some day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Dave

Banned

Congrats!

Beautiful solo, Congrats!

A company has to start somewhere. I can't come up with any legitimate excuse to not like them.
    Helo likes this.
    Instagram: The Watch TourWrist (Follow Me)
    https://www.instagram.com/watch_tourwrist/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information