New Military Project Incoming - engraving issue
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Maximus84

Thread: New Military Project Incoming - engraving issue

Unhappy New Military Project Incoming - engraving issue

Hello gentlemen,

I haven’t posted on this board before but I have been seen around the Omega/Rolex forums occasionally.

At the turn of the year, my Squadron commissioned a watch with Bremont. As part of the negotiations, it was agreed that in addition to the serial number (only 50 will ever be made) we could (would, in order to prevent re-sell) have a personalised engraving on the caseback. We could have either 8 characters, or 4 characters and a basic image - like Pilot wings/flying Brevet for example (they’ve done that before). I opted for the 4 character and wings. I was then told they were currently unable to engrave the wings due to copyright issues but that the rights were up for tender, and if they could in the future, I’d be able to get my engraving applied.

A couple of days ago my watch arrived, looking better than I could’ve hoped, with custom dial and rotor. Sadly though, I was disappointed with the engraving.

It was my understanding that the four character engraving would be below a space for the wings, with serial number to the side somewhere. Instead, the engraving is below the serial, with no space for an image that I can see. Furthermore, the two rows of engraving are misaligned! This really throws it off for me.

I have emailed Bremont and await their response, but I was looking for some feedback/advice on what I could realistically expect from the thus far excellent customer service.

At this point I would like the full 8 character engraving placed centrally under the serial. This would require a new caseback with said engraving. I will forego the option of the wings as I’m not sure if this will get resolved in the future. Am I being realistic?

Please see the images below of my watch and a reference image of some wings engraved on another watch.

Thanks guys.
    Name:  EE607489-8506-42AC-8B15-00A457044C5B.jpeg
Views: 155
Size:  224.0 KBName:  CA9B06EE-2FF9-4091-81C4-6E667C9BBC5F.jpeg
Views: 152
Size:  457.2 KB

heb

Re: New Military Project Incoming - engraving issue

My best guess is they would accommodate your request for the price of a new caseback. I think that would be reasonable.

Good luck, heb

Quote Originally Posted by heb View Post
    My best guess is they would accommodate your request for the price of a new caseback. I think that would be reasonable.

Good luck, heb
    Thanks. I figured that may be the case, though kind of hoping that because what was supplied is not exactly what was agreed upon (and what has been engraved is mis-aligned) they may take the hit on the caseback. Hoping to hear back from Bremont early next week so we’ll see.

Anyone know how much a caseback for an Alt1 ZT would be?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you're going to be thinking about it every time you look at the watch, and it's going to detract from the ownership experience... pay whatever it costs.

I always wished I had enough people at my air station to do a military project.

I have zero experience with Bremont, but I see no justification in compromise on something this special. If the engraving bugs you, you should take steps to rectify the issue.

Thanks guys. I heard back from Bremont today. They agreed that the engraving looks misaligned and in a format that is not what was agreed. They have offered to replace the caseback with a corrected engraving. I am awaiting further details as to how exactly that will happen and at who’s cost but it sounds like they will take care of it. If that’s the case I would be very happy with that. I’ve heard lots of good things about Bremont customer service and so far it’s living up to the billing.

I’ll update when I know more.

Re: New Military Project Incoming - engraving issue UPDATE!

Hi all,

So, after a few weeks of waiting I finally received my watch back. The replaced the caseback with the correct engraving and also changed the dial as there was a flaw on one of the lume plots. All for free, shipped back to me FedEx Int'l priority.

Very impressed with the customer service.
    Fretless_llama and Helo like this.

Thread Information