S300/S301 v. BB58
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sonar
  • 1 Post By Alfa2600

Thread: S300/S301 v. BB58

S300/S301 v. BB58

Thinking very seriously about adding a S300/301 or BB58 to my Explorer 1. I'm interested in feedback on the S300 vs. 301. I really like the BB58, but I am not a fan of the snowflake hands, or the gilt. I want to keep it at 40 mm and don't like dressy divers. So, that eliminates the various Omega options, as well as the blue S300. But, I am interested in feedback on the S300 black dial vs. the S301 with the yellow patina. To me it is more tolerable than the gilt, but then again -- I'm not a huge fan of the dials on the S300/301. I think that with some steel markers, they could have upped the look. That is the only thing that bothers me about this watch. Thoughts on other suggestions? Thoughts on the 300 vs. 301? I would likely get on a bracelet and also leather.

Re: S300/S301 v. BB58

Ever considered the Sinn EZM line for a toolish diver? Doesn't seem like what Bremont is offering fits your needs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Dave

Btw, if you'd like to try one out without absorbing the depreciation on most Bremonts, this is a pretty reasonable deal. But also indicative of the problem with buying a Bremont new.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Dave

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was going to the same process. The S301 is nice, very nice in person. It has a matte look that sets is apart from other divers. I was offered 35% off without even asking. Checked around here and it seems a decent but reasonable discount

The BB58 is a different league though. While the matte of the S301 is nice the BB really pops without being flashy. The gold doesnt look bling but understated.

The case of the S301 is quite unique with the layers but I didnt find it very appealing. The leather strap felt very, very cheap and flimsy

To me the S301 is a watch I would love to snatch up when I find it for a GOOD price while the BB is the grail

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk
    koolpep likes this.

Bad question for the Bremont forum I feel.

Surely the Bremont fans will give you a tainted version of what you would get on the public forum??

I will just say that the BB58 is the only Tudor that I have ever considered buying as it has pretty much perfect dimensions and looks great on the wrist, in fact a lot of Watch journalists have described it as the perfect watch, and they get to handle a lot more watches than we do.

So stiff competition for any comparison.
    " I am easily impressed by the best" - Winston Churchill.

"One cannot but admire the cold-bravery and enterprise of these Italians"
    Admiral Cunningham, referring to the frogmen of the M.A.S in WW2.

Between those 2 models I would probably go for the Tudor as that is the best representation of the style I think you are going for. I really liked the S300/301 when I tried them on but went for the Waterman as something different and to me it felt more special on the wrist than the other models.

Not a huge fan of the long lugs on the Bremont. Otherwise a great watch.

these look great on aftermarket leather bands

I was never interested in either, but then I looked at a Tudor BB chrono and had to have it. It's 41mm so the smallest watch i own, now I've got use to the size I love it and definitely would recommend looking at the BB range. Cant really comment on the s300/s301 as I've never tried one on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

koolpep likes this.

Thread Information