Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Timeless Luxury Watches
  • 1 Post By erikclabaugh
  • 1 Post By Reinhard Immanuel

Thread: Watching America's Cup with Bremont

Sponsor Timeless Luxury Watches's Avatar

Watching America's Cup with Bremont

Watching America’s Cup With Bremont

Timeless Luxury Watches was graciously invited by our friends at Bremont to join them at America’s Cup, one of the oldest and most important yacht races in the world.

Despite its name, America’s Cup is not exclusive to Americans, nor was it even originally held in America. Instead, it was held near the Isle of Wight in England. This weekend, however, we enjoyed the race from the comfort of New York, a fitting place because the yacht for which the event was named was sailed by the New York Yacht Club.

We flew out Saturday to prepare for the racing Sunday. That morning Bremont took us out on their amazing seaplane. For the event I wore one of my favorite Bremonts, a Supermarine S500.

Here’s Anna wearing the larger America’s Cup model, the Bremont AC I. These models, either the smaller or larger size, present the America’s Cup trophy in a repeating motif in the dial texture. It’s subtle, but a nice nod to the race (you can see our review of it here).

Bremont kindly let Anna try out their new ladies America’s Cup model for the day, the aptly named AC I 32, so named for its 32mm size. The original model is 43mm, a bit on the large size for smaller wrists, but we loved its extremely refined and classic looks, so it’s terrific that they’re making it available in a wider variety of sizes.

Here’s Michael Pearson and I back from Bremont’s amazing plane. Even when Bremont is promoting yacht racing they’re still obsessing over planes.

Here’s one of Mike’s photos while wearing one of Bremont’s new regatta timers, the AC-R/SS. Whether or not you see a need for the regatta complication, Bremont’s implementation is very cool.

Given that we had the complete Bremont collection available, Mike took some great photos of the AC-R/RG and OTUSA-R/BK for us.

After that we met up with Bremont’s charismatic founders Nick and Giles English at the America’s Cup lounge. They’ve spearheaded just about every Bremont event and, unlike most heads of large companies, are involved in as many events as possible. Go to a Bremont event near you some time and there’s a good chance you’ll meet at least one of them.

Giles was wearing one of my favorite limited editions, the Victory in gold. This is actually one of the very first watch reviews we did, albeit in steel.

This is, in some ways, an ideal watch for the event because it has British maritime heritage directly in its construction, with materials taken straight from the HMS Victory that were removed for a restoration.

At 1:15 we were finally ready to watch the famous yacht race from the Hudson river.

We were, quite literally, in the middle of it. Thanks to Bremont for the best seats!

New Zealand proved victorious at Sunday’s event and we headed back to the America’s Cup Club to meet the teams. Here’s me comparing watches with an Omega-wearing NZ team member.

After 6 we headed back to the hotel to get ready for another week at Timeless. We wanted to thank Nick and Giles English as well as Mike Pearson for the wonderful weekend!

awildermode likes this.

Re: Watching America's Cup with Bremont

Great write up and looks like a great time was had by all!
    Instagram: erikclabaugh

Re: Watching America's Cup with Bremont

Love the dial on your AC1 ! the patterns makes it looks so exquisite
    IG : reinhardsanden

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Diver - Bvlgari Diagono - Rolex Datejust - Swatch Irony - Tissot T-Touch

Thread Information