What do you think?

Thread: What do you think?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think?

I got my first bremont and love it. I am concered about the way the company introduces new watchs. They all seem to be special runs.
    Dont you think they would be better tring to get thier basic model more into the public hands.
    Can they keep growing the company with all these comm watchs?

what your thought?

Re: What do you think?

Honestly, I don't think they are terribly interested in quickly growing the company. My impression from speaking with Nick is that Bremont is a lifestyle company for the brothers, and while they certainly do have aspirations for it, they have no desire to compete with Rolex/Omega/Breitling on volume. I think they would rather be thought of as a maker of fine British watches rather than makers of status symbols, bling, or trying to be all things to everyone.

Regards,
    Alysandir
    • Blancpain Bathyscaphe Chronographe 5200.1110.70B
    • Bremont Boeing Model 247 Ti-GMT
    • Casio G-Shock GW2310FB-1CR
    • Casio G-Shock Frogman GWFD1000B-1
    • Grand Seiko Snowflake Gen1 SBGA011
    • Omega Globemaster 130.33.39.21.03.001
    • Omega Grey Side of the Moon 311.93.44.51.99.001
    • Oris Aquis "Source of Life" LE 01 733 7730 4125
    • Oris Aquis "Staghorn Restoration" LE 01.735.7734.4185
    • Rolex Daytona 116523-WSO/78593
    • Rolex Submariner 114060

Congrats! what did you buy?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

And don't forget to post some pictures!

I bought a couple of limited edition bremonts and am very happy that not everyone has one

Banned

Personally, I like the quality and innovation that would likely be lost if they went to mass production.

Quote Originally Posted by ctimrun View Post
    Personally, I like the quality and innovation that would likely be lost if they went to mass production.
    Agree 100% and with that quality comes great customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by dsimon55 View Post
    I got my first bremont and love it. I am concered about the way the company introduces new watchs. They all seem to be special runs.
    Dont you think they would be better tring to get thier basic model more into the public hands.
    Can they keep growing the company with all these comm watchs?

what your thought?
    Addressing your OP, not all their watches are "special runs" as they do have a healthy core collection line-up that is readily accessible within a growing network of authorized dealers. They seem to be spending quite a bit on marketing as they do advertise on and in major platforms and publications, and they also sponsor quite a few major events, so AFAIC, they do a good job getting "their basic model more into the public hands."

However, their limited editions, and what I assume the OP means by "special runs," are something else. While the OP is concerned about the way the brand introduces their new watches, my concern lies with their pricing strategy, particularly with their limited editions. Once their LEs sell out and they start appearing on the secondary market, they often command exponentially more than their original retail price tag. This is especially true for darlings such as the EP120 and P-51. That's the one thing that's always irked me about the brand: As appealing as I find most (but not all) of their limited editions to be, their prices on the second hand market are artificially inflated to an obscene degree. I think it's bad enough that the majority of the core collection is priced at over $5k when it should be in the $2-4k range, so that makes the limited edition pricing just foul IMO. As fond as I am of many of their watches, I find it difficult at times to take the brand seriously whenever I see a second-hand P-51, which is equipped with a 7750 movement along with a measurably inconsistent price tag of $17.5k. An asking price like that is equivalent to a bit of lunacy in my book, and a value proposition they are not.
    Last edited by Vig2000; December 30th, 2016 at 03:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Vig2000 View Post
    It's bad enough that the original retail prices are way overpriced to begin with, but speaking from a purely technical point of view, asking a ridiculous $17.5k for a modified 7750 equates to lunacy in my book.
    Vig2000 I totally agree with you but I have seen this happen in other markets like Alcohol. Certain brands of whiskey or bourbon retail for $80 or $90 a bottle but then they only release about 600 bottles a year and some fancy whiskey expert rates a certain brand as best of the year and then on the secondary market the prices climb into the thousands. On certain release dates I have seen people camp outside a store to be first in line to get a bottle at retail just to flip it on the secondary market.

I have bottles of these brands of whiskey that I bought years ago when you could just walk into the store and buy it off the shelf and now they are worth a mint. For example I have a bottle that I paid $50 for and there was only one barrel bottled and it was rated by an expert as one of the great bourbons to have. I saw these same bottles fetch over $2000 a bottle at an auction!! Its nuts but people want what they cant have and if you have enough money someone will sell it to you.

I sure cant fault them for selling it at that price and I bet someone buys it. Watchfinder also has one and they want 14,950GBP = $ 18,313.00 and the watch is now 6 years old. Yikes!! anybody need a drink? Cheers

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

As always prices are what the market says they will pay. I actually happy for the chaps that took a chance on this young watch company and are seeing it pay off. I had similar things happen with the Pams I bought in the nineties.

I do agree that some of the base models are a bit steep for there content. I would own a Jaguar MKI if it was in the $7k-$8k which seems appropriate for the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information