Why so much hate on Bremont watches - Page 13
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Why so much hate on Bremont watches

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Re: Why so much hate on Bremont watches

Yes there were founded in 2002, however, the English brother’s have stated they want to bring back British watch making. I say good for them!
    Last edited by rborden; July 10th, 2019 at 19:06.

Thank you for Your point of clarification! Well said!
    Last edited by rborden; July 10th, 2019 at 19:07.

Quote Originally Posted by rborden View Post
    Yes there were founded in 2002, however, the English brother’s have stated they want to bring back British watch making. I say good for them!
    I enjoy their watches immensely....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like them but think the MB line falls in with Damasko more than Breitling or IWC and should be Damasko-ish in price too.
    koolpep and 1165dvd like this.

A lot of interesting discussion in here. I've owned a MB III military edition for 4 years now and absolutely love it. It's taken a beating and I don't shy away from wearing it knowing how good they are at replacing bezels and other parts in a standard service.
    Being a military edition I received quite a good price with the other members of my unit, I'm not sure if I would have originally purchased it at full retail over some of the other watches I've picked up since. 1 Rado, 3 Omegas, 1 Seiko and 2 Stowas. The resale on most of them would probably be terrible, apart from my old Speedmaster, people seem to go nuts for the old tritium models down my way these days. I tend to purchase based on what I love and believe I'm going to keep for the rest of my life.
    Having said all of that, my experience with the MBIII has been very positive and I would consider buying another one second hand or possibly new if it were to tickle my fancy. Their customer service has been fantastic. From my experience Omega could learn a lot from them in that respect. My 2¢

I love hearing the opinions of those who have owned Bremont watches for a long time. Due to some of the controversy around their movements, I've always kept my distance. I'll keep a closer eye on them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MLsims View Post
    I love hearing the opinions of those who have owned Bremont watches for a long time. Due to some of the controversy around their movements, I've always kept my distance. I'll keep a closer eye on them in the future.
    Don’t have a dog in this mess, but why would someone who likes the brand resurrect this awful thread?
    fish70 likes this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    Don’t have a dog in this mess, but why would someone who likes the brand resurrect this awful thread?
    That actually did make me laugh out loud pretty hard because I was thinking the same exact thing. Hahaha
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001 Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205 Seiko: Tuna SBBN015 Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot Sinn: LE 556i Longines: Conquest V.H.P. G Shock: Too many...

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    Simple, just look at his post count and history with a bunch of BS, non-substantive posts, so clearly a speed poster and wanted to hit his 100. He did it, so congrats?
    Last edited by Vig2000; 1 Week Ago at 07:58.

1) History- seems forced and its heritage feels made up. Monsieur Bremont - the farmer who saved the English brothers lives - is conspicuous in his absence and no one seems to know who or where he is or what he looks like for that matter. The silence is deafening.

2) Value - Overpriced for what they are. To be fair, this is subjective especially to those who say they do not care about resell value as the watch will be never be resold as long as they are alive and will be heirloom after they are long gone. I guess that makes sense but I still wouldn't pay USD10,000 for a skx that I swear not to resell.

3) Trust - Founders interview after in-house-movement-gate makes them look disingenuous.

4) Gimmicks - Use of ancient relics to mark up prices on limited editions. (Wright Flyer costs more than a Patek because you get a piece of lint from the scaffolding of the planes wings)

5) Marketing - Cheesy marketing due to sweeping epic soundtracks. (This is subjective as those who enjoy Celine Dion may not agree with me - no offence to Celine Dion - Titanic soundtrack was epic..)

6) Relationship damage - my wife will divorce me if I told her I bought a Bremont over a Rolex, Patek, JLC etc. To be fair if I buy another new watch I think my relationship will suffer and I will be permanently sleeping in the guest bedroom. Better than getting divorced I guess.

7) OverCrowded Market- IWC and Breitling are already well entrenched into the Luxury Pilots Watch business. Together they provide loads of "limited editions" (many which do not even sell out mind you) and push a huge number of SKU's onto the market every year. Does Bremonts existence provide a product that is not offered by its competitors? You can say triplock case, but honestly who cares?

8) Respect - My WIS friends will disown me if I told them I bought one. Not that I care what others think because all that matters is my personal enjoyment. But some people buy for respect and cool factor. Not me though. I promise.

Having said this, I do respect the founders for starting up a watch brand and to have gotten this far.
    Last edited by tophotdog; 2 Days Ago at 17:14.
    Vig2000, fish70 and imaCoolRobot like this.
    My feedback! ------>>>> Tophotdog Feedback List

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information