About the Mooren brand and me: let me introduce myself.
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: About the Mooren brand and me: let me introduce myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile About the Mooren brand and me: let me introduce myself.

Hello and welcome to the new official Mooren forum!
    I am pleased to see you over here. My name is Mick Mooren and I am the founder of the Mooren watch company. Some of you may already know me and some of you might not, so that’s why I will tell you something about my affiliation with watches and about the Mooren watch company in this topic.

About me and my passion for watches

As said before I am Mick Mooren, I live in the Netherlands and have been interested in watches for a long time, but it went more serious at an age of fifteen. My interest in watches started with reading about and looking at watches. The more I read, the more I got interested and the more I got interested, the more I read.

As I read more I also got very interested in the technical part of watches and the more I read about it, the more and more I got interested in it. Eventually this resulted in me starting doing watchmaking myself at an age of seventeen. I started with a few simple tools, but soon after my start I got a lot of tools and a workbench from an uncle of my father who used to be a watchmaker. He was too old to be able to keep doing watchmaking and was happy to give it to me, because he would then know that his tools and workbench would still be used. I invested a lot of time and effort in working on old movements and learning from that. My guide in this learning process has been a book called “Modern watch repairing” from he 1950s -the same book as the uncle started his career with too- and of course the internet. Thanks to the gift of this uncle I got the change to develop both my skills and knowledge about watchmaking in quite a short period of time. My hobby kept getting bigger and bigger and this resulted in some nice projects such as a 1973 El Primero refurbishment.

here are some pictures of my workbench:

The start of Mooren watch
    You might think that this satisfied my needs, but though I was very happy with all of this, I wanted to go even further. Ever since I got interested in watches, I have been making sketches of my own designs. I started out quite conceptual, but the more I read about watches and the more I looked at them, the more I refined my style.
    Since I have always felt the need to start something for myself and since I turned 18 a few months earlier -and was therefore able to start my own business- I decided to completely focus on one design and to completely fine tune this design in order to make my own watch for my own watch brand; Mooren! The idea of starting a new, young and distinctive watch brand was and still is very appealing to me and I am doing the best I can to make this into a success and to offer a genuinely high quality watch with a distinctive design. The idea behind my brand is that I don’t want to be a copy of what already exists and I try to incorporate vintage details into a modern but still timeless design, I call it: a young vision on watchmaking.

The process and progess

I started this project in early January this year (2011) and since then I have already had a lot of ups and downs, but as I am making progress the watch is getting closer and closer and that keeps me going.
    In the last few months I have already learned so immensely much and I keep learning new things almost every day. I really didn’t expect to be learning so much from this process, but the fact that I do, is a great benefit.

Milestones

This official Mooren forum at Wachtuseek is a new milestone in this process and I hope that many milestones will follow in the future. The official Mooren launch will be in late September or early October, so I hope that that will be a new milestone.

Hopefully you now know a little more about the Mooren brand and about why I started it. I hope to see you coming back to this forum and I would appreciate your contribution to it too. Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Mick Mooren

P.s. I will post some of the topics I write in both English and Dutch, because I am Dutch I would also like to share my topics with Dutch readers. If a topic is Dutch the title will say "DUTCH translation"
    DragonDan and Pen On Keyboard like this.
    Best regards,

Mick Mooren

Re: About the Mooren brand and me: let me introduce myself.

Hi,

My name is Teague. I am interested in seeing some of your watches. I saw the straps and they look very nice. I was wondering if you will be selling your watches in Curacao? I have a house there and love going into the town of Willemstad. It is beautiful there. And I was wondering if any of the shops there will be carrying your brand. Thanks

Teague
    1. Anonimo Cronoscopio Mark II TruBlu LE
    2. Ball Trainmaster Cleveland Express
    3. Ball Trainmaster Moon Light Special LE
    4. Habring2 Chrono Sport Valjoux 7733 Manual Movement LE
    5. Longines Master Collection Manual Movement
    6. Muhle Glashutte 29er Big
    7. Omega Speedmaster Professional Moon Watch
    8. RGM 250
    9. Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Quartz
    10. Tissot SeaStar 1000 Chronograph Diver
    11. Tissot SeaStar 1000 Powermatic 80 (new version)
    12. Tudor Black Bay Bronze
    13. Victrinox INOX Titanium

USED TO OWN
    1. Azimuth Jagdbomber 47mm
    2. Tutima Grand Classic
    3. Tag Heuer Links Chronograph
    4. Zenith Chronomaster T
    5. Chronoswiss Lunar Triple Date
    6. Baume and Mercier Classima Chronograph 8692
    7. Ball Trainmaster Cannonball Express White Dial

Congrats. I look forward to seeing some fresh new stuff from you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Are you only 18 or did I read that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Nolimits View Post
    Are you only 18 or did I read that wrong?
    No, you didn't read that wrong, I am indeed eighteen. But not for long anymore, in two hours time I will turn nineteen, haha. (UTC+1)
    Best regards,

Mick Mooren

Thumbs up for a young mind pursing his passion. All the best mate, hope to see more of your ideas and watches.

Gift Re: About the Mooren brand and me: let me introduce myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mickmo92
    No, you didn't read that wrong, I am indeed eighteen. But not for long anymore, in two hours time I will turn nineteen, haha. (UTC+1)
    Dan zou je nu dus jarig moeten zijn ...... hartelijk gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag, Mick

Indeed, gefeliciteerd !!

Je bent trouwens ook meer dan welkom op het Nederlandstalige WUS-subforum, we kunnen veel lullen maar hebben niet bijster veel verstand (ik tenminste niet) van de technische kant Die toevoeging aan de club kunnen we wel gebruiken!

Link: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f428/

Thanks for the congratulations!
    Actually my birthday was yesterday, the 8th of September. I posted my previous reply on the 7th of September at 10 o'clock PM, but it is indeed a bit confusing since the reply says it was posted 1 day ago.

@Lester Burnham, ik heb het nu redelijk druk, maar ik zal zeker proberen om ook wat tijd te spenderen op het Nederlandse gedeelte van WUS als ik de tijd heb!
    Best regards,

Mick Mooren

Happy belated Birthday Mick, and thank you for the great meeting last week.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information