The final straps and the Deployant clasp

Thread: The final straps and the Deployant clasp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture The final straps and the Deployant clasp

Dear readers,

In my last topic I showed you the prototype strap for the Mooren watch. A few days ago I received the final straps and I also received the deployant clasps, so I would like to share those with you.
    I really like both the straps and the claps and I think they fit the watch very nicely and are also very comfortable. I don't think I can say much more about this, so I think that the pictures below will say enough.

Best regards,

Mick Mooren
    Best regards,

Mick Mooren

Re: The final straps and the Deployant clasp

Looking good, Mick

Will you be offering the strap in different lengths? People with smaller wrists generally find deployants uncomfortable, unless it's on a shorter strap. With the regular strap, you can make it work, but the deployant will be pushed off center and sit on the edge of the arm. Something to think about ....

RonB

Looking good & thanks again for the update. One observation though, my other deployment clasps have their company logos upside down when compared to yours.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post
    Looking good, Mick

Will you be offering the strap in different lengths? People with smaller wrists generally find deployants uncomfortable, unless it's on a shorter strap. With the regular strap, you can make it work, but the deployant will be pushed off center and sit on the edge of the arm. Something to think about ....

RonB
    Hi Ron,

The strap will come in only one length. On request though, it is possible to order any strap you want; different colour, sort of leather, length, stitching etc. it is all possible, but that will be at an extra expense depending on the customers requirements. The delivery time for unique straps will be about 3 to 4 weeks. Customers can then choose wether they wan't to buy the watch with the special AND the standard strap, so that they can get the watch immediately after ordering and the special strap will come later OR people can choose to get a discount on the special strap, but then they won't receive the standard strap and will have to wait 3 to 4 weeks until they will receive the watch. I think that for people who want a different strap than the "standard" strap this is a very good solution.
    I am aware of the problem that some people experience with deployant clasps, but my experience is that this is -most of the time- easily to be overcome by changing the "front" part of the strap to the back of the watch and the "back" part to the front of the watch. Standard, my watches will come with the longest part of the strap on the back of the watch. (so opposite of the way most standard buckle straps are mounted)

Though some people may not like deployant claps I did choose for it because I see a lot of benefits when using a deployant clasp, such as: If your watch accidentally slips out of your hands when putting it on, the watch will still hang around your wrist and will not fall on the ground; increased lifetime for the strap; no need to constantly find the right hole (therefore faster) and personally I think it looks better.

May a customer ask for a standard buckle though, then I can of course arrange that.

Kind regards,

Mick
    Best regards,

Mick Mooren

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoth View Post
    Looking good & thanks again for the update. One observation though, my other deployment clasps have their company logos upside down when compared to yours.
    Hi Lencoth,

If you read my reply to RonB his message you will understand that the logo isn't upside down. I choose to install the strap with the longest part on the back of the watch instead of the shortest part. I decided on that, because my experience is that this is more comfortable for both thick and thin wrists. Most brands do it the other way round, but there are some brand that do it the same way as me and I prefer that.

Kind regards,

Mick
    Best regards,

Mick Mooren

Quote Originally Posted by mickmo92 View Post
    Hi Lencoth,

If you read my reply to RonB his message you will understand that the logo isn't upside down. I choose to install the strap with the longest part on the back of the watch instead of the shortest part. I decided on that, because my experience is that this is more comfortable for both thick and thin wrists. Most brands do it the other way round, but there are some brand that do it the same way as me and I prefer that.

Kind regards,

Mick
    Hi Mick,

I now understand it's a well considered decision to do the opposite of what is usually done. I have never thought about it, but also not experienced problems with the traditional mounting. Must try it the other way round someday and who knows, why not with one of your watches .

Regards,

Len.
    Last edited by Lencoth; August 28th, 2011 at 00:19.

Hey Mickey,

Your straps look very nice. Will you make a Blue crocodile strap at all? Also I would like to see some of your watches. I might be able to hook you up with a dealer in the United States. He is a very good friend of mine. Send me a PM. Thanks

Teague
    1. Anonimo Cronoscopio Mark II TruBlu LE
    2. Ball Trainmaster Cleveland Express
    3. Ball Trainmaster Moon Light Special LE
    4. Habring2 Chrono Sport Valjoux 7733 Manual Movement LE
    5. Longines Master Collection Manual Movement
    6. Muhle Glashutte 29er Big
    7. Omega Speedmaster Professional Moon Watch
    8. RGM 250
    9. Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Quartz
    10. Tissot SeaStar 1000 Chronograph Diver
    11. Tissot SeaStar 1000 Powermatic 80 (new version)
    12. Tudor Black Bay Bronze
    13. Victrinox INOX Titanium

USED TO OWN
    1. Azimuth Jagdbomber 47mm
    2. Tutima Grand Classic
    3. Tag Heuer Links Chronograph
    4. Zenith Chronomaster T
    5. Chronoswiss Lunar Triple Date
    6. Baume and Mercier Classima Chronograph 8692
    7. Ball Trainmaster Cannonball Express White Dial

Hello Teague,

Thank you for your reply. I won't be making a blue crocodile strap as a standard option, but if a customer asks for a strap like that, I can have one made at an extra expense.
    The design will be revealed very soon.
    Thank you for your offer of helping me finding a dealer, but at this moment I am primarily focussing on sales through the internet. May I be needing your help in the future, I will let you know.
    I will keep you up to date.
    Best regards,

Mick Mooren

Thanks Mick for your response. What are the price points of your watches? If you don't mind me asking.
    1. Anonimo Cronoscopio Mark II TruBlu LE
    2. Ball Trainmaster Cleveland Express
    3. Ball Trainmaster Moon Light Special LE
    4. Habring2 Chrono Sport Valjoux 7733 Manual Movement LE
    5. Longines Master Collection Manual Movement
    6. Muhle Glashutte 29er Big
    7. Omega Speedmaster Professional Moon Watch
    8. RGM 250
    9. Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Quartz
    10. Tissot SeaStar 1000 Chronograph Diver
    11. Tissot SeaStar 1000 Powermatic 80 (new version)
    12. Tudor Black Bay Bronze
    13. Victrinox INOX Titanium

USED TO OWN
    1. Azimuth Jagdbomber 47mm
    2. Tutima Grand Classic
    3. Tag Heuer Links Chronograph
    4. Zenith Chronomaster T
    5. Chronoswiss Lunar Triple Date
    6. Baume and Mercier Classima Chronograph 8692
    7. Ball Trainmaster Cannonball Express White Dial

Quote Originally Posted by Fatz028 View Post
    Thanks Mick for your response. What are the price points of your watches? If you don't mind me asking.
    Sorry for my late reply, but the price of the watch will be €839,-

The watch will be revealed on the 15th of October
    Best regards,

Mick Mooren

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information