The launch was a success! + Mooren New vintage pictures - Page 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The launch was a success! + Mooren New vintage pictures

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: The launch was a success! + Mooren New vintage pictures

Nice, but overall looks are an aweful lot like xetum watch

Last edited by clubbtraxx; November 4th, 2011 at 16:02.

Quote Originally Posted by clubbtraxx View Post
    Nice, but overall looks are an aweful lot like xetum watch
    I see some similarities, but more differences. BTW, think your signature is really annoying.

v76

Congratulations, Mick! That is a very distinctive looking watch, and best of luck on its sale and future models.

I've been following your progress since that El Primero restoration thread, and it's remarkable progress for someone so young, kudos! I look forward to seeing new watches, and perhaps your own (in-house) movement in the future??
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I really do wish you all success Mr Mooren. I'm sure we will be getting reports in from happy customers soon. I like a lot about your design, but agree the "New Vintage" is un-necessary. I think it makes it look far cheaper than it is. I also have to say, the lines on the dial would annoy the hell out of me. There is no way I'd buy it with them on the dial. I love the hands. I like the clarity and cleanliness of the dial, I love the FONT! I like everything about it apart from those lines and the "New Vitnage". Oh and the Italicised "M" on Mooren is, I feel, out of keeping with the neo-bauhaus lines- I'd keep the same font but embolden that M and use it as your hallmark on the crown. I'd say you could have a New Classic on your hands, with those issues addressed, though I do say this with conscious reservation at my own presumption. Could you please advise us what level of movement you are using and to what tolerances they are adjusted before despatch? I think it's very cool to think someone could, for a perfectly normal outlay, have "their own watchmaker". I would love to be able to say the following sentence one day. "Oh sorry, the 5th is out, I have to go to Holland to see me watchmaker".
    cb400bill likes this.

Mick

What is the price and how do I order.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Steve View Post
    I really do wish you all success Mr Mooren. I'm sure we will be getting reports in from happy customers soon. I like a lot about your design, but agree the "New Vintage" is un-necessary. I think it makes it look far cheaper than it is. I also have to say, the lines on the dial would annoy the hell out of me. There is no way I'd buy it with them on the dial. I love the hands. I like the clarity and cleanliness of the dial, I love the FONT! I like everything about it apart from those lines and the "New Vitnage". Oh and the Italicised "M" on Mooren is, I feel, out of keeping with the neo-bauhaus lines- I'd keep the same font but embolden that M and use it as your hallmark on the crown. I'd say you could have a New Classic on your hands, with those issues addressed, though I do say this with conscious reservation at my own presumption. Could you please advise us what level of movement you are using and to what tolerances they are adjusted before despatch? I think it's very cool to think someone could, for a perfectly normal outlay, have "their own watchmaker". I would love to be able to say the following sentence one day. "Oh sorry, the 5th is out, I have to go to Holland to see me watchmaker".
    Thanks for your reply. The Mooren M is my personal handwriting, with that I give the Mooren logo a personal touch. Wether you like the watch or not is of course subject to taste. The M logo is indeed also visible on the crown.
    The movement used is an eta 2824-2. Getting the movements is very hard, because eta is making it almost impossible for small watch brands outside the SwatchGroup to buy eta movements. I did manage to get them however, but sadly enough I am only able to buy the standard versions. I regulate every movement myself though, so the movements run very well.
    Best regards,

Mick Mooren

Quote Originally Posted by mrbill2mrbill2 View Post
    Mick

What is the price and how do I order.
    The price is 839 euros including Dutch VAT. I see you live outside the EU, so that would mean that the VAT will be reduced and that the price for you will be 705 euros.
    They can be ordered via the Mooren website ( Mooren Watch - Home ).
    Best regards,

Mick Mooren

I wish you nothing but the best of luck with your business.

Now to me the strap seems to be too small for the size of the dial. I also don't like the lines on the front and the new vintage seems strange and out of place - like you are trying too much...

Other than that its a clean, simple, elegant and beautiful piece.

js1

Quote Originally Posted by joey1320 View Post
    I wish you nothing but the best of luck with your business.

Now to me the strap seems to be too small for the size of the dial. I also don't like the lines on the front and the new vintage seems strange and out of place - like you are trying too much...

Other than that its a clean, simple, elegant and beautiful piece.
    The strap is spot on if not tad wide. See Mazzuoli, their straps are even smaller and the case is 45,2mm.
    In reality New Vintage label is tiny so you barely notice it. You just admire the clean design. Try to reduce the pictures to real-life size, it'll give you the idea how it looks on the wrist. I must say the quality of the watch is excelent. I own Mazzuoli and Meccaniche Veloci and Mr. Mooren really doesn't have to be ashamed of his first atempt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information