My next project: my own watch brand, Mooren watch! - Page 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My next project: my own watch brand, Mooren watch!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: My next project: my own watch brand, Mooren watch!

i think 750 euro is like too expensive for an unknown brand and inside housing an eta 2824 movement. unless u really have a design that can wow us and it is chronometer version then 750 could be justified.....

great thread, wish you all the very best with your project and i look forward to the pictures
    Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Instagram: @tophstewart

References
    All liinked in one thread
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/my...rs-903425.html

Quote Originally Posted by YunaRikku View Post
    i think 750 euro is like too expensive for an unknown brand and inside housing an eta 2824 movement. unless u really have a design that can wow us and it is chronometer version then 750 could be justified.....
    Fair point but also bear in mind there are watches with This movement and Unitas 6497/8 costing several thousands of $$$ too. so not that bad IMO. BUT will comment finally once I see the actual watch.
    cheers
    Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Instagram: @tophstewart

References
    All liinked in one thread
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/my...rs-903425.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm not so sure you're going to need any more 'best wishes' - you've successfully discovered and made high-level contact with a group of extremely knowledgeable and deep-pocketed potential future customers, all of whom now identify you with a charming, impressive and personal story of a wildly successful vintage restoration project including references to one of the top historical watches and a contemporary titan of the modern watch world in M Dufour.

I say your timing couldn't be better and as long as your first offerings don't flop and bankrupt you (I'm sure you have a financial advisor for this sort of thing) you have a very bright future. I'll join the rest of WUS cheering from the sidelines - I'm looking forward to seeing that new watch - the first of many to come?

TL/DR: Nice going, keep it up and you'll go far!

Thanks again for the replies.

About the price, I don't think you should judge a watch only on the movement it features, because there is much, much more to it than just a movement. Think about the quality of the case, the crystal, the strap, dial etc. I intend to make a watch of great quality. I don't want to compromise on quality. And there are also non material aspects such as the vision and identity of my brand. I am going for a personal approach and every watch will be put together by myself on my own workbench. I am not going to use a chronometer version of the ETA 2824, but I try to go for elaboré or top with cotes de geneve and perlage finish if ETA allows me to. It is in the details and I try to give attention to those details to guarantee good quality.
    I would prefer to sell one watch of which the owner would say it is of awesome quality and he would absolutely buy it again over selling two watches of which the owners would say that they won't buy it again, because it is all JUST not perfect. I often say "quality above quantity".

@Tom: Thank you for the tips you gave me. Steinhart is a brand that I don't really like, because I think they more or less copy existing models of the more expensive brands. I don't mind other people wearing it though, it is just that I will not buy one myself.
    I absolutely think that my watches have their own feel and style. I really tried to design something that a lot of people will like, but at the same time I wanted it to be distinctive. I think I succeeded in that. I don't like to more or less copy something that already exists, I want to create something new, something that is really distinctive. If I wouldn't have done that with my design, then what's the point of actually starting my own brand?

Something I also really like is to be involved in every step of the process. For example with the case. I was not able to make the technical drawings myself, so therefore I was lucky to meet Dimitri. He made the drawings, but we discussed every detail together. So though I didn't make the technical drawings myself, I was really closely involved in the drawing process. Another nice effect of being so involved in every step is that I get a really good feel with my product and my brand. I also think it makes it more personal.

In two weeks I have an appointment with Kauffman straps, something I really look forward to. Maybe after that appointment I will give some details about the straps I will be using.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Kindly regards,

Mick Mooren

Quote Originally Posted by mickmo92 View Post
    @Tom: Thank you for the tips you gave me. Steinhart is a brand that I don't really like, because I think they more or less copy existing models of the more expensive brands. I don't mind other people wearing it though, it is just that I will not buy one myself.
    I am in no way suggesting you should copy their model - I think you can, however, learn about how to crowd-source a design, how and where to find good case-makers at excellent prices, how and where you can make good quality dials, and on, and on.... If you bring new fresh design - this is ALWAYS appreciated by fans.

I cannot say this enough - I wish you best of luck!!!
    The 1st Rule of WUS Club is: No Pictures - No Help.
    The 2nd Rule of WUS Club is: No Pictures - It Didn't Happen.
    The 3rd Rule of WUS Club is: Read the rules on top of the page.

This is surely very adventurous for a 18 year old! its never too early nor late to start being entrepreneurial and follow your dreams!

Likewise a supporter, saw your fantastic work for the Zenith and more importantly your perseverance to get it done perfect.

It would be good if you can show some teasers on the watch design, you do not have to come out with the whole thing, but in the world of design, everyone more or less take ques from somewhere, its not considered 'copied' unless you are really doing a homage, so to get your teaser out before Basel would be great, just in case, someone somewhere have a similar idea
    Omega PO (Orange)
    BALL Fireman Ionosphere
    BALL Fireman Night Train
    SEIKO Discusburger SCBS007
    CYMA ? Model, Vintage

I just suscribed! 2 big thumbs up to you young sir!

that sounds pretty cool- work hard and keep at it! good luck!

Best of luck to you! :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information