Report on the launch, pictures and a message from Zenith CEO...
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Report on the launch, pictures and a message from Zenith CEO...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture Report on the launch, pictures and a message from Zenith CEO...

Dear watch aficionados,

As some of you already know I have been very busy with the start of my own watch brand, Mooren. (If not, read more about it here: MOOREN ) On Saturday the 15th of October I launched my first watch, the Mooren New Vintage.
    Since I now have all the pictures of the launch and the watch, it seems like a good idea to me to write a little report about the launch.

The Launch
    The launch was in The Netherlands, to be precise in Venray at a place called “De Artiest”. At about three o’clock in the afternoon the first people arrived and at about half past three there were about 50 people.
    After everyone had finished their first drinks, we moved to another room where I previously prepared everything for the launch. There I started with a short speech in which I told something about the idea, the process and the people who helped me during this process. When I finished my speech I asked the pre-buyers (yes, they bought a watch without knowing what it looked like!) to come on stage and I handed them over their watches, which were still in their boxes.
    On the wall hung two posters of the watch, which were still lapped. The mayor of Venray was also present and I asked him to reveal one of the posters and for the other one I asked my father. We all counted from three to zero and at zero the posters were revealed and the buyers opened their boxes and showed their watches. There was a round of applause and the buyers were pleasantly surprised by the content of their boxes. Everyone was very enthusiastic about the watch and they all wanted to see and hold the watch. It was great to see everyone’s reaction.

Ernie Romers, (Watchuseek owner), one of the buyers, was sadly enough not able to be there, because he was ill. Also Dimitri janssen, who helped me with the technical drawings of the case, was sadly enough not able to be present, because he was on a well deserved holiday.

After the presentation we went back to the other room where a display for the watches was set up so that everyone could take a better look at the watches. Small delicacies were handed out and everyone enjoyed some more drinks while taking a better look at the watches.

The launch was a real success and the watch was received very well. I hope that the success of the launch is a sign for the future of Mooren watch!

A message from Zenith, again...
    A few weeks before the presentation I also wrote a letter to Mr. Dufour, Zenith CEO, to tell him about the project I started and to thank him for what he did for me, because that played a mayor roll in me starting my own watch brand. ( https://forums.watchuseek.com/f457/sp...ur-498563.html ) A week after the launch I looked on Facebook and I saw an update from Zenith with a picture of me… I clicked on it and I was really pleasantly surprised by what I saw; a personal message from Mister Dufour about me and my project in which he compared me with the founder of Zenith and in which he wished me all the best of luck with this project. What a great gesture of Zenith, again! (Zenith, a source of passion | Facebook )

Enough talk, time for some pictures!

I hope that you enjoyed reading this post and I am eager to know what you think about the watch!
    Thank you for reading.
    lvt and MonroeA like this.
    Best regards,

Mick Mooren

Re: Report on the launch, pictures and a message from Zenith CEO...

looks better and better as more pics are available.

personally i like lugs that extend down the wrist but the watch looks great and there is a clear level of taste, in the dial, hands, colors, etc..

makes some vids! :)

NICE, I like the color combinations.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks great - nice job!

Congratulations on a successful launch! I look forward to seeing more pictures as people post their watches. You've done a great job on the design (I am actually thinking of ordering one myself!) and I wish you the best of luck with your new company. You are certainly off to a great start!
    -Brian

Watch Nerd

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

This is a very interesting and clean design, but I have to ask some thing. Isn't the strap on upside? Generally the short side with the buckle goes to the 12. It just looks wrong this way.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

If I remember correctly, the reversed strap positioning is a functional choice for comfort. I can see it working very well for some deployants.
    -Brian

Watch Nerd

this is really great! i am quite impressed with your first watch design, and would be proud to own one myself!

Congrats and your launch. Your watches look great.
    1. Anonimo Cronoscopio Mark II TruBlu LE
    2. Ball Trainmaster Cleveland Express
    3. Ball Trainmaster Moon Light Special LE
    4. Habring2 Chrono Sport Valjoux 7733 Manual Movement LE
    5. Longines Master Collection Manual Movement
    6. Muhle Glashutte 29er Big
    7. Omega Speedmaster Professional Moon Watch
    8. RGM 250
    9. Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Quartz
    10. Tissot SeaStar 1000 Chronograph Diver
    11. Tissot SeaStar 1000 Powermatic 80 (new version)
    12. Tudor Black Bay Bronze
    13. Victrinox INOX Titanium

USED TO OWN
    1. Azimuth Jagdbomber 47mm
    2. Tutima Grand Classic
    3. Tag Heuer Links Chronograph
    4. Zenith Chronomaster T
    5. Chronoswiss Lunar Triple Date
    6. Baume and Mercier Classima Chronograph 8692
    7. Ball Trainmaster Cannonball Express White Dial

May your watch last a Thousand years!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information