A special package from Switzerland, Le Locle, Mr. Dufour - Page 6
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: A special package from Switzerland, Le Locle, Mr. Dufour

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Re: A special package from Switzerland, Le Locle, Mr. Dufour

Fantastic story and congrates to the OP for your newly restored watch. Great on Zeneith on this generous gesture. I'm very impressed

congratulations mick on an impressive jobyour brilliant efforts paid off.
    Also congrats to zenith whose customer relationship management made something exceptional perhaps the first one in their history to send for free spare parts to a watch aficionadoIf this is not superlative customer care, so tell me what it is Zenith won a lifetime customer and now I will be certainly looking for and buying a zenith not just because of the inherent qualities of the watches but also because of this post.
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

BEST STORY EVER!

Congrats on a job well done Mick.
    You are a smart/cordial young man. You parents did a fine job with you.

Just loved your story, glad your Zenith is fully restored and pristine.
    You have skills we all wish we had.

Kudos to Mr. Dufour and Zenith for their generosity. Nice to see good brands with good people. ZENITH rocks!

The Zenith El Primero is definitely one my favorites. Your story and watch, was extraordinary.

Thanks for sharing and posting pics. We all thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Good luck with your studies, all the best.

Enjoy that Zenith.
    Cheers, Dave.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Thanks for a great tale/story. It seems that that watch was just sitting there all that time waiting for you to turn up. You did exceedingly well Mick. Kudos need also go to Zenith for showing us just what sort of company they are. Although I somewhat feel that it may have not been their main motivation, but that small (for them) donation to your project has bought many many dollars of targeted advertising to such qualified potential customers like those that have read this post, (us). But beyond that, the hand written letter to you! That is downright beautiful. I mean, in this day and age, that is extraordinary. They get my vote for Watch Company of the year.
    regards
    mark
    Last edited by yande; January 29th, 2011 at 13:13. Reason: typo

Yet again I would like to thank you all for the great replies.
    Dice, the answer to your question is yes, I learned watchmaking myself. I read a lot about watchmaking in a book called "Modern watch repairing" which dates back to somewhere in the late 50's (which I also got from my fathers uncle). It might sound like a pretty old book, but most of what is in it still is the same as it was back then. Later on I also bought a rewritten version of the same book from the 70's. Also I read a lot about watchmaking on the internet. By just trying, looking, inspecting and working on watches I also learned a lot about watchmaking.
    As you can see, the book really IS old haha:

I am sure that it wasn't Zenith's purpose to achieve some marketing on the brand. I mean, how could they know that I would make a post about this on WUS? I am convinced that they did it because they really appreciated my story and because of their own history :) However, I have to say that I am glad that I did something back for Zenith to thank them. :) Though it really wasn't my purpose at all. This way the knife cuts both ways, which is nice.
    Monday or tuesday I will send a letter back to Zenith to thank them and show the result. Since Mr. Dufour became CEO of Zenith, he did great things to restore the brands image.

Kindly regards,
    Mick

Wow!
    All I can say is...

You got talent dude!

Thank you very much for sharing this great moment.

Cheers from Montreal,

Jéjé
    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/user/Bureau/Photo%20temp/resized/Tsunami%20wave%20II_500x93.jpg[/IMG]

Banned

Amazing story, beautiful watch, great post!

This was a great read! Thanks so much for sharing; you sound like a very intelligent and resourceful young man. Enjoy that Zenith!
    "Using no way as way, having no limitation as limitation." - Bruce Lee

I enjoyed every bit of your story and was very inspired to take up watchmaking soon. Kudos to Zenith for valuing customers' satisfaction.

Great restoration job on the watch
    GW-200Z
    G-9000MS MIRB
    DW-5600MS MIRB
    Victorinox Classic Chrono Ti
    SEIKO 6309s
    SEIKO OM
    SS ECOZILLA
    SEIKO TUNA 7549-7010
    SEIKO TUNA SBBN007

Wow! Fantastic story and fantastic watch! Thanks for including all the pictures, the before and after pics really make the story.

Bob
    Current Collection
    Omega Seamaster 2542.20 "Bond" - white dial, UTS 500M Bauhaus black, Sinn U1 - black, Sinn U1 -
    Orange - Doxa SUB 1200T Professional- Orange, Doxa Divingstar 300 - Yellow, Alpina Extreme 40 Sailing Chronograph - black, Tag Heuer SEL Link - Grey, Tag Heuer 1000 - Black Coral, AEgir CD-2 - grey, Benarus Moray - Green, Nauticfish 1000M - Blue, Boschett Cave Dweller - Yellow​, Boschett Cave Dweller - Grey, Boschett Legacy - Black/Gold, Bernhardt Sea Shark - red, Irreantum Magellan - blue, Irreantum Magellan - Orange, Ocean7 LM1 - Lume dial , Artego 500M - blue, Helson Shark Diver(45mm) - white/blue, Oliver Bronze - ​Brown, Hailos Holotype- yellow

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information