Time for an update
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mickmo92

Thread: Time for an update

Time for an update

Think the forum is near-death. Not good .

So it's time for an update. How's is the first batch selling, was there a second batch. Any plans for the future ? Hope so!

How is your personal life. Studying? Little or no time for your watch hobby/brand?

In short, anything .

Re: Time for an update

Sad to say, I don't think the first batch went all that well. I never saw or read any threads with any member's reviews of the watch and I think that Ernie may have been one of the few on the board who bought one. I too would love to hear an update.

Quote Originally Posted by StiloTime View Post
    Sad to say, I don't think the first batch went all that well. I never saw or read any threads with any member's reviews of the watch and I think that Ernie may have been one of the few on the board who bought one. I too would love to hear an update.
    I think it's fair to conclude that this forum is dead. No posts this year except this thread & the very few others solely in a thread about Mick Mooren's Zenith restoration (but that has nothing to do with the Mooren watch brand, of course). A sorry conclusion, as far as I'm concerned, but an unavoidable one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoth View Post
    I think it's fair to conclude that this forum is dead. No posts this year except this thread & the very few others solely in a thread about Mick Mooren's Zenith restoration (but that has nothing to do with the Mooren watch brand, of course). A sorry conclusion, as far as I'm concerned, but an unavoidable one.
    Why unavoidable? I think Mick had all the right credentials to be great! IMO it was certain design elements of the New Vintage which hindered his success.

Quote Originally Posted by StiloTime View Post
    Why unavoidable? I think Mick had all the right credentials to be great! IMO it was certain design elements of the New Vintage which hindered his success.
    Miscommunication! I said that my conclusion that the forum was dead, was unavoidable, based on the fact that there practically zero postings. Not implying that the brand's demise (if that's indeed the case) was unavoidable. Far from that, I fully agree with you that Mick's brand had (has) potential. That's why I keep on checking in to seen if there's any news.

Dear Lencoth and others,

My appologies for my late reply. And thank you for your interest! I must be honest by saying that I spent to few time on this Mooren forum. Since this forum was indeed a little dead, I have not looked enough on it and therefore did not see your message until today. However, maybe a little late, but here is my update!
    So far I have about 10 pieces left of the initial 50 pieces, so I am really pleased by what I achieved so far. I am working now on a new production and I am also considering making some limited editions, but I am not sure yet how I will do that. Maybe a WUS limited adjusted to the WUS needs and wants?
    The new production will be very much the same, but this time the case will be thinner, also optically, and the dial will not be matt as it is now, but it will be in sunburst. And the strap will be 22mm instead of the current 20mm.

When I just started I experienced that selling through the internet was a little harder than I expected it to be, so I decided to look for physical retailers, and at this moment I have four in the Netherlands. Eventually internet sales went quite good as well though, I sold watches in HongKong, Poland, Kuwait, The USA and several other countries. For the next production I am planning to also look for retailers outside The Netherlands, to increase my brand recognition.

I am also going to spend more time on WUS and social media, because that is something that did not really take off yet.

For so far this short update, I will try to write a more extensive update soon, so stay tuned on this "reincarnated" forum!

Best regards,

Mick
    Lencoth likes this.
    Best regards,

Mick Mooren

Dear Mick,

Very nice to hear where things are at the moment (and that things actually are rather then were...!) You're plans sounds exciting and I will certainly follow what is still to come.

I reckon your point about selling over the net is valid, certainly if your design is rather different from most others. I believe your watch needs to be seen in the flesh to really appreciate it, as it is a rather cutting edge design, although that's not something bad at all! But I guess I'm slightly conservative in my tastes. So the "vintage" bit is there, it's just the "new" I need to learn to appreciate. Anyway, I'm happy that I'll be able to see your watch at HPN in The Hague, when I'll be there one of these weeks!
    Last edited by Lencoth; September 2nd, 2012 at 00:54.

Thread Information