Update: the past year, the next series and the future
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TK-421

Thread: Update: the past year, the next series and the future

Update: the past year, the next series and the future

Dear readers,

It is about a year ago now that I officially launched my own watch brand Mooren. In the past year a lot has happened and in combination with my study I have been very busy. I just turned 20 a few weeks ago, so I am out of my teenager years now. And after the first year, I feel like it is time to give you all an update about how things went and about how they are going right now.

The start
    When I launched my brand, I started with 50 pieces. About 6 of them were already sold before I even presented the watch, so things were looking good. After I launched the watch, I sold another 3 pieces the same day.
    Since then I have had a lot of media attention in magazines, blogs, forums and even local television. Even now, almost a year later, there are still magazines and blogs writing about my story and my brand.

Media
    All media attention plays a really important role for me, because they keep getting new people to get to now about Mooren. I think that the magazines and blogs really helped me to keep a steady rate of sales. And also because of them, I managed to sell watches in Hong Kong, Kuwait, the USA, Poland, Belgium and the Netherlands.

Retailers
    A little while after the launch of my brand I decided to also look for retailers. When I started with my brand I decided to only sell through the internet, but I realised that selling through a retailer has some great advantages for me. Therefore, I decided to sell through retailers and luckily that turned out really well too. I sold about 15 watches through the retailers.

Baselworld
    Earlier this year I also went to Baselworld and that really was an awesome experience. I met a lot of interesting people and got a lot of new inspiration. I also got the change to meet Jean-Frederic Dufour (CEO of Zenith) in person and shake him a hand. Unfortunately that took only about a minute, but it was nice to meet him.

Next production
    At this moment I have about 10 watches left, so it is time for the second production of Mooren watches. For the second production I plan to redo the current Mooren New Vintage, but with a thinner case, a decorated movement rotor, different straps and a sunburst dial instead of a matt dial.
    Besides of that I am also planning on doing limited editions. I am planning on making an all black version in matt black and a (pink)gold version. For both limiteds I plan on doing 10 pieces. I am also looking for possibilities to do a limited edition in cooperation with one specific retailer or company, but I am still looking for interested clients.
    Hopefully the new production will be finished within a few months from now.
    In the future I will also spend more time on this forum and on social media. In the past year I spent too few time on that.

Movements
    At the moment it is very hard, if not impossible, to get ETA movements for me, so I still have to find a way to overcome that problem. Besides, a watch without a movement is like a watch without a soul. At the moment I am looking at some interesting alternatives for ETA. Of course I will continue using Swiss movement, but probably not ETA. Simply because they make it impossible for me to buy their movements.

Well, I guess that was about everything so far. If you have any ideas, tips or comments, feel free to reply. I will keep you up to date!

Best regards,

Mick
    Last edited by mickmo92; October 2nd, 2012 at 10:52.
    Best regards,

Mick Mooren

Re: Update: the past year, the next series and the future

Interesting to see what the new watches will look like. I'll be following this :)
    best regards,

Marco

This is the first time I have come into the forum and I am very glad to see your dedication to making your own line of watches. I look forward to seeing your new model.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Keep up the excellent work Mick!
    I already bought a New Vintage directly from you, and i'm eager to buy your second model.

best of luck Mick :)

Put lugs on your cases this time.
    JayVeeez likes this.

Mick whats the latest, in Holland end of August near Appeldoorn and would not mind looking at one of your timepieces

Dear Kanga,

Thank you for your message and apologies for my late reply. Unfortunately the whole process is delayed by all sort of larger and smaller problems, but I am steadily moving towards a next series of Mooren watches. First of all, I finally managed to retrieve some movements for the new series, which took me an incredible 9 months... thanks Swatch group :). However, that gave me the time to think about the way I will be heading with the next series. Currently I am cooperating with a design agency, KoeweidenPostma, located in Amsterdam for my new designs. They are helping me with getting Mooren on a 2.0 level. So I can tell you already that when the new series of Mooren watches will be launched, they may be quite different from what you may expect, but they will be really awesome!
    When you're in the Netherlands, let me know! I am always willing to show you some of my watches watches of course.

Best regards,

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    Mick whats the latest, in Holland end of August near Appeldoorn and would not mind looking at one of your timepieces
    Best regards,

Mick Mooren

Thread Information