My first Aquadive
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: My first Aquadive

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first Aquadive

So, I just pulled the trigger on the Poseidon pre order. I have been into dive watches since my early dive days in the 90's. Have owned just about every major dive watch brand made and still own most. Still have my old mid 90's Citizen Aqualand and my 90's Seadweller. These days, I don't dive anymore, but the love for diver watches has never left me and honestly, I would rather wear a diver than any other style of watch 24/7. Somehow, one of the few brands with history that has escaped me is Aquadive. Not sure why. Then on the public forum, this limited was posted and what caught my eye was the yellow!!! Yellow!!!! and like a Cuda to shiny fish, I was hooked. Bam placed the preorder this morning. I cannot wait. In fact, I have a Caribbean trip coming up next year with some shallow diving, and will likely take this watch with me and no puter.

Those that have already received theirs would love to see pics and impressions.
    Last edited by Stellite; 1 Week Ago at 15:56.
    Goblin77 and Ladit like this.
    "In the Eighties we were so amazingly primitive we still thought digital watches were a pretty neat idea."

Traser, Aquadive, & Dive Watch Forum Moderator arutlosjr11's Avatar

Re: My first Aquadive

Quote Originally Posted by Stellite View Post
    So, I just pulled the trigger on the Poseidon pre order. I have been into dive watches since my early dive days in the 90's. Have owned just about every major dive watch brand made and still own most. Still have my old mid 90's Citizen Aqualand and my 90's Seadweller. These days, I don't dive anymore, but the love for diver watches has never left me and honestly, I would rather wear a diver than any other style of watch 24/7. Somehow, one of the few brands with history that has escaped me is Aquadive. Not sure why. Then on the public forum, this limited was posted and what caught my eye was the yellow!!! Yellow!!!! and like a Cuda to shiny fish, I was hooked. Bam placed the preorder this morning. I cannot wait. In fact, I have a Caribbean trip coming up next year with some shallow diving, and will likely take this watch with me and no puter.

Those that have already received theirs would love to see pics and impressions.
    You’ll be really happy you purchased this one!
    Stellite likes this.
    "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

Ariel S. -

Quote Originally Posted by arutlosjr11 View Post
    You’ll be really happy you purchased this one!
    Honestly, I can't stop staring at the pictures of it. There is something about those yellow highlights and strap. But in reality what sold me on the watch was the ETA 2893 movement. I consider the 2892 one of the great movements of the last century. It is the best auto movement ETA has ever made by a long shot. It is inherently more accurate than the 2824 in all it's versions and it is one of the dimensionally smallest auto movements made. IMO Omega never should have moved away from this movement. My first one in my omega smp from the 90's went 18 years without a service and ran perfect. Took it in for service and internally the movement was in excellent condition according to the service center. So to get a quality dive watch, with a top shelf movement, limited edition to boot for under 2k, is a no brainer honestly. And since I have not owned an Aquadive, it fits right in.
    Grimlock_1 likes this.
    "In the Eighties we were so amazingly primitive we still thought digital watches were a pretty neat idea."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Traser, Aquadive, & Dive Watch Forum Moderator arutlosjr11's Avatar

Well, you’ll soon be one of the brand’s biggest fans. It screams “tool watch,” and we all know the term is thrown around too much these days, all Aquadive watches are just that.
    Stellite likes this.
    "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

Ariel S. -

This will not be your last AD...
    Stellite likes this.

One of the better dive watches available from both a functional and stylistic standpoint in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stellite likes this.

I'm pretty pissed... after being held up in Customs, it got released yesterday. Got the normal notices, "Delivery before 10:30", etc. I wait and I wait until I can't wait no more. I finally have to leave at Noon. Sure enough..., my phone goes off half an hour later. Delivery attempted - no one home"! Now it's Thanksgiving and I won't get it till Friday... aaarrrghh!!

BTW... Aquadive was behind me all the way, pushing to get it through Customs, etc. They couldn't have been better! Hopefully, Friday I can post up some pix! At this point, I am sure the wait will be well worth it!

I have to keep looking at pix too! It's going to be a crummy Thanksgiving... family is scattered and the wife is in the hospital. It is really going to drag. Hopefully some football will get me through it!
    "Time isn't the main thing. It is the only thing!" - Miles Davis

I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ??

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellite View Post
    Honestly, I can't stop staring at the pictures of it. There is something about those yellow highlights and strap. But in reality what sold me on the watch was the ETA 2893 movement. I consider the 2892 one of the great movements of the last century. It is the best auto movement ETA has ever made by a long shot. It is inherently more accurate than the 2824 in all it's versions and it is one of the dimensionally smallest auto movements made. IMO Omega never should have moved away from this movement. My first one in my omega smp from the 90's went 18 years without a service and ran perfect. Took it in for service and internally the movement was in excellent condition according to the service center. So to get a quality dive watch, with a top shelf movement, limited edition to boot for under 2k, is a no brainer honestly. And since I have not owned an Aquadive, it fits right in.
    I think your path to satisfaction should start with this thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/ne...n-5037745.html . I received mine yesterday and I've placed a bunch of somewhat sloppy celly pict. on that thread. Here's a teaser for ya.............

Name:  AquaDive Posiedon yellow GMT ocean crustation2.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  348.5 KB

Name:  AquaDive Posiedon yellow GMT high on wrist2.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  141.0 KB

I have a very strong feeling, based on your diving back round, that you're going to really like the Poseidon. And it's yellow Enjoy!
    Stellite, Elmero and Grimlock_1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by watchobs View Post
    I think your path to satisfaction should start with this thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/ne...n-5037745.html . I received mine yesterday and I've placed a bunch of somewhat sloppy celly pict. on that thread. Here's a teaser for ya.............

Name:  AquaDive Posiedon yellow GMT ocean crustation2.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  348.5 KB

Name:  AquaDive Posiedon yellow GMT high on wrist2.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  141.0 KB

I have a very strong feeling, based on your diving back round, that you're going to really like the Poseidon. And it's yellow Enjoy!
    Stunning watch. The watch head itself looks amazing.

Fantastic looking watch! Congrats OP, you picked a real beauty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information