So is this a dead forum? - Page 3
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: So is this a dead forum?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: So is this a dead forum?

Quote Originally Posted by arutlosjr11 View Post
    Curious what you feel Aquadive could do differently then since you just described a watch you didnít keep and a watch you didnít buy.
    Aquadive could make a new version of the model 50 with a working depth guage. I'd buy one if not two.
    Ladit likes this.
    Doxa: 5000t Pro | 5000t Sharkhunter | 300t Divingstar Halios: Seaforth Sunburst Grey Sapphire Omega: Speedmaster 3750.50 | SMP 2254.50 | SMP 2255.80 "Electric Blue"

The Model 50 is an iconic watch got one for myself.

Aquadive & Dive Watch Forum Moderator arutlosjr11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abehr View Post
    Aquadive could make a new version of the model 50 with a working depth guage. I'd buy one if not two.
    Iím down for a model 50 reboot as well.

I own this one...

"My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

Ariel S. -

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by centaur View Post
    I briefly had a BS500. The case profile and movement were outstanding, but there was just something about my BS100s that jived more with my personal preference. I almost jumped on a BS300 5 Days when one came up for sale since it's so unique, but I had to talk myself down since that size is tough for my wrist to pull off.
    Donít be scared off by the size. They are very easy to wear. I love my model 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    arutlosjr11, Ladit and DaveandStu like this.

Great piece Ariel!! and Ben yours is killa as well mate!!..Id like to have one in the future though just one thing im not so sure of and that is obviously yours have stood the test of time and been well cared for....is there enough crown protecion to have your wrist tangled in line,weed,grass or go in to a machine and not tear the crown off? The weed and grass line is genuine, we have a never ending problem around my farms with siver and green leaf ciratro that is like wire to clear plus obviously clearing line off the deck or spool from one of the punters on board that know all there is in regards to fishing...(of which i dont)
    all the best guys
    Dave

If you wear the Model 50 on the left arm, than there is enough protection, because the crown is on the left side. But for your special circumstances I would rather recommend a contemporary tool watch like a Casio G-Shock or if you want something mechanical a tegimented Sinn U1, an icehardened Damasko, a Dievas or Dekla 6-Steel, or an Archimede Outdoor Protect. All of these watches got proper crown guards, swiss standard movements and hardened cases to withstand even the hardest wear and tear. The Model 50 was a hard to beat watch at its time and is a real classic now, but it will not fit the requirements of today.

Thank you mate...agreed in its day it was the ".bomb" still today I really enjoy looking at other members posts on this watch...I have ploprofs in their correct position and agree that their is less chance..the ploprof 600 silences that
    .I just wish they*aquadive) had recessed the crown more..I'll check out Ben's soon I hope in the flesh over a coldie or three!!
    All the best
    Dave

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Bendodds360 and Spring-Diver like this.

Banned

Super Alive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information