WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What you would love to see from Aquadive....pipe dream watch

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  arpoc 
#1 ·
wish I had the skills with Adobe to translate this into a drawing...Aquadive "dive machine" pipe dream :-d

~44mm vintage style Aquadive case, stubby or hooded lugs, nice size dual crowns, SS or Ti
unique "stepped" and textured dial, big round applied polished indices maybe cut into chapter ring, plenty of lume
Aquadive style hands orange minute hand, could go many different ways with the hands
solid machined/engraved ceramic bezel w/ tudor pelagos type lume lol
vintage style bracelet and/or mesh with solid machined ratchet clasp, engraved logo

the dual crown could even take it to an internal bezel style watch which would be sweet as well :-!

I don't know just bored, what do you say guys? what would you like to see in upcoming watches?

#2 ·
Personally I'd just like to see the BS300 case used a bit more. We've had the BS100 case size used for a bronze version, a GMT version, and now the twin-barrel 500, but the 300 has only been used for the original BS300 and the Model 51. I'd like to see a GMT version of the 300, but I especially think a chronograph version running an ETA 2894 with a twin register (9, 3) layout and the date at 6 would be fantastic. I'm thinking kind of like the second generation Doxa 600T-Graph - kind of like this one, but less colourful in the AD style - https://www.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-doxa-sub-600t-graph-sharkhunter-black-dial-962730.html

#10 ·
Right now I'd kill for a BS100 with the BS100GMT bezel. I much prefer the more clean bezel.

#12 ·
Despite having a 7.75" wrist, I'm not enamored with large watches. I love everything about about my BS 500, especially the slimmer profile. My only disappoint was lack of applied indices. The Fleurier movement is great, but I would think a high grade ETA 2892 would make it more affordable. That same case with a 2892, applied indices, and a prominent center second hand would be a formidable offering.

#13 ·
I have the BS100 and love it, but I'd like to see AD direct their excellent design and manufacturing capabilities towards something less chunky, and perhaps less overtly dive watch-y as well. I guess what I'm looking for is a sports watch, no dive bezel, diameter between 40-42mm, thickness <12mm, modern with vintage cues like the rest of their lineup. If it has to be a dive watch, then maybe with an internal bezel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.