Birthday/Anniversary Present Sinn 456 vs Tudor Claire de Rose

Thread: Birthday/Anniversary Present Sinn 456 vs Tudor Claire de Rose

Birthday/Anniversary Present Sinn 456 vs Tudor Claire de Rose

Our 35th anniversary is coming up and my lovely wife will turn 70 about the same time.
    For a surprise gift, I am torn between the Sinn 456 (28mm) and the Tudor Claire de Rose (30mm). Both of these have some very beautiful, understated models.

My wife is not really into watches. The ones she currently wears: a beat up Wenger (quartz), and a nice looking but somewhat fragile Raymond Weil (quartz). She is overdue for a significant upgrade.

Which of these is the better watch?

Re: Birthday/Anniversary Present Sinn 456 vs Tudor Claire de Rose

Looks like there are several models of the Sinn 456 and the Tudor. Can you share some photos of the ones you're considering?

Something to consider, if your wife isn't into watches, would she mind having a mechanical watch? It might not matter too much if she wears it daily. If not, she may find it a hassle to set the time each wear.

I wonder if legibility would be an issue since the dials would be somewhat small.

- Tappy Talkied

Quote Originally Posted by Sillygoose View Post
    Looks like there are several models of the Sinn 456 and the Tudor. Can you share some photos of the ones you're considering?

Something to consider, if your wife isn't into watches, would she mind having a mechanical watch? It might not matter too much if she wears it daily. If not, she may find it a hassle to set the time each wear.

I wonder if legibility would be an issue since the dials would be somewhat small.

- Tappy Talkied
    You have a valid point about her having to set the time periodically. Would you have a recommendation of a Quartz watch 26 to 32 mm that has a sapphire crystal, good water resistance, and a stainless steel case that is fairly hard.

Name:  456-St-Mother-of-pearl-W_V.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  48.0 KBName:  Tudor 30mm 100 Meters.png
Views: 15
Size:  164.7 KB

These are the photos of the ones I am looking at.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Moondancer View Post
    You have a valid point about her having to set the time periodically. Would you have a recommendation of a Quartz watch 26 to 32 mm that has a sapphire crystal, good water resistance, and a stainless steel case that is fairly hard.
    Based on what you've shown, it looks like you're looking for round, silver watches with Roman numerals. Here are a few from Longines and Rado. There's also the classic: Carrier Tank.

- Tappy Talkied

Thread Information