Chaumet my Christmas present: The new Liens Collection

Thread: Chaumet my Christmas present: The new Liens Collection

Watchuseek Editor

Chaumet my Christmas present: The new Liens Collection

Name:  chaumet-liens-w23871-02a.jpg
Views: 1943
Size:  48.8 KB

With only 47 days, 10 hours and 40 minutes to Christmas it’s around about now that you need to be giving increasingly unsubtle hints as to what watch you expect your other half to buy, because while men may be experts at choosing watches for themselves, it’s a well known fact that they are absolutely useless when it comes to choosing and buying watches for women. They tend to think that women will be happy with a slightly smaller version of a watch they fancy for themselves, whereas this is by no means always the case.

A strong contender for consideration could be from French luxury jewellers Chaumet. The new Liens de Chaumet watch (with the all important Ref. W23870-02A) is visually creative and graphic: its 33mm case is in 18 carat polished pink gold. The crown is set with a mother-of-pearl cabochon. The white-silvered dial features sunray fine-brushed effect and lacquered arches. There are applied indexes and oversize numerals at 12 and 6.

The watch is powered by a Swiss self-winding mechanical movement, indicating hours, minutes, seconds and date at 4.30 o’clock. It comes on a semi-brilliant white alligator leather strap.

Name:  chaumet-liens-w23870-02a.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  49.4 KB

Ref. W23871-02A is identical apart from its bezel set with 64 brilliant-cut diamonds and its taupe beige alligator leather strap.

Name:  chaumet_liens-w23270-01a-w23271-01a-w23670-01a-w23671-01a.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  51.0 KB

Chaumet was established in 1780 by Marie-Etienne Nitot and is regarded as a high class jeweller based in Paris. They were the jewellers to Napoleon and before him Marie Antoinette. As of last year Chaumet became part of the LVMH Group.

Visit the Chaumet website

Re: Chaumet my Christmas present: The new Liens Collection

I love the simple elegance and the blued numerals. But... who decided to mess up this gorgeous dial by sticking a tiny, incongruous date function in a corner?

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

I agree that the date function spoils the dial and is superfluous. Actually, I disdain the date function on ANY modern watch.
    My feelings on the overall design.
    1) It's ideal for the right wearer donning the appropriately matched apparel 'look', but this is one of the most effeminate 'Mens' watches to materialize in years so...
    2) My guess is it will end up being 'her' watch whether you like it or not ;)
    3) There are unisex looks, this is not one of them. Sorry Chaumet :(

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrnoid View Post
    1) It's ideal for the right wearer donning the appropriately matched apparel 'look', but this is one of the most effeminate 'Mens' watches to materialize in years so...
    2) My guess is it will end up being 'her' watch whether you like it or not ;)
    3) There are unisex looks, this is not one of them. Sorry Chaumet :(
    I'm not getting what you mean. This is a ladies watch, not a men's watch.

Jeannie

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

Oh! No clue from the original post or the photograph.

Thread Information