Wife big 50th present.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By katfromTN

Thread: Wife big 50th present.

Wife big 50th present.

Hey all so I am looking to get my watch lux watch for her 50th, I have been looking at used Rolex and some Breitlings, but have started looking at Tudor. For the money of a used Roles Date-just 26mm I could get her a Tudor new! She will keep the watch and hand it down to kids down to grandkids. I know the Rolex has the best value and resale but what are your thoughts? Oh I have also looked at the Hamilton Jazz master.

Re: Wife big 50th present.

I would also consider second hand Cartier or new Nomos - they have some nice ladies styles and sizes. I personally would never think of gifting a lady a Breitling or Tudor (unless of course your lady likes masculine watches).

If you’re looking for something to gift your wife I wouldn’t worry too much about resell value. Rather focus on her style and what she’ll actually wear. Have a look at the Nomos neomatik line as they have great water resistance while still being a casual watch that goes with a lot of styles.

I have to disagree with the above poster that said Tudor is too masculine. They have some really great options for ladies and sized perfectly at 32’s and 36’s. I partially loved my Tudor Black Bay 36.

(My personal pic of my BB36)

What kind of pricepoint are you looking at OP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    tsteph12 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not the 50th, I may be ruining that one this month at our 47th. I picked up a ladies and mens Mido rose gold and stainless much like that Tudor pictured except Roman numerals.

Quote Originally Posted by kcdano View Post
    Hey all so I am looking to get my watch lux watch for her 50th, I have been looking at used Rolex and some Breitlings, but have started looking at Tudor. For the money of a used Roles Date-just 26mm I could get her a Tudor new! She will keep the watch and hand it down to kids down to grandkids. I know the Rolex has the best value and resale but what are your thoughts? Oh I have also looked at the Hamilton Jazz master.
    Forget the Tudor and Breitling, it's her 50th. Get the Rolex. If you're not happy about it being 'used', you should send it to Rolex Service Center in NYC and have them do the complete overhaul on it. It will come back just like brand new. In fact, you would probably not know that it was ever used when they get done with it. A Rolex will appreciate in value, especially one that has gold or precious stones involved.

The Tudor BB 36 above gets my vote.

Thread Information