Alpina - long term experience.

Thread: Alpina - long term experience.

Alpina - long term experience.

Hello all. I've only owned one Alpina. It was a Startimer I bought from a WUS member. The crown was broken when I received it so we agreed to return and refund. I really like some Alpina models, but based on that experience I'm afraid to buy another. Any long term reviews from the Alpina folks they want to share?

Thanks!

Re: Alpina - long term experience.

Assuming everyone hates their Alpinas?

I love where mine is at now, it was a pain in the arse to get here
    Attached Images Attached Images

My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My good buddy had a startimer and it’s held up well. Sorry for your bad experience

I am very happy with mine

Name:  8.2.19 (2).JPG
Views: 33
Size:  1.12 MB

plus I have a new startimer big date chrono arriving tomorrow. Great quality value proposition if you shop around as far as I'm concerned.

Hi

My Alpina was the first 'expensive' watch I bought. I love it - there's a review here https://forums.watchuseek.com/f478/a...s-2526610.html if you're interested.

But, it has a problem with the crown which I think has become cross threaded. I've also had a problem with the date wheel not clicking over. Overall I can recommend them (I've also had the quartz small seconds version), but don't pay pay the full RRP.

Hi

I have 2 Alpina's, an Alpiner4 and a Startimer Automatic. Love 'em both, but have had issues with both.
    The Alpiner4 crown came out and had to be fixed under warranty, since then haven't had any issues what so ever with it well over a year now.
    The Startimers crown is a different problem and in my opinion a problem they need to fix at a design level. It got cross threaded twice, Alpina did repair it under warranty though. This seems to be a real problem for more Startimer owners I've encountered. But it also seems to be something of a hit and miss with some owners having no issue with the crown action.
    I do have to say the Alpina aftersales service has been really helpful to resolve all problems I've had.

It hasn't put me off the brand and I'm sure I'll order another one, most likely the Seastrong Heritage
    Current collection: Omega Seamaster Pro 2531.80 / Oris Big Crown Small Second Pointer Day / Alpina Alpiner 4 Automatic Blue - Alpina Startimer Automatic / Steinhart Military47 - Steinhart Nav.B Chrono 47 Limited Gold Edition - Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Red - Steinhart Ocean One Vintage / Seiko Brightz SDGM003 / t*a*c*t*i*c*o TC3.3 / Glycine ​Airman Double Twelve

Gone but not forgotten: Steinhart Aviation Dual Time Premium - Steinhart Nav B-Uhr 44 Vintage Titan A-Muster - Seiko Prospex SBDC033 - Steinhart Nav B-Uhr 47 Vintage Titan B-Muster - Steinhart Nav B-Uhr 47 Handaufzug

Curious to know if some of these issues are more common in entry-level/mid-level Alpinas.

Thread Information