Alpina Startimer Heritage GMT
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Alpina Startimer Heritage GMT

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Alpina Startimer Heritage GMT

Hello,
    This is an unknown watch brand to me & I recently saw this release from an Int'l vendor Email solicitation I received.
    Truth is I was really taken by it! The modern & stylish cushion case with the vibrant blue dial & red second hand all came together. Very cool. Has anyone out there seen this watch in person? Does it look as good as the photos?
    I'm always suspicious of pro watch photos in ads & there's no stocking AD near me.
    And, what's the consensus on Alpina? Their other models don't do that much for me...but this ones different.

It's an interesting & unique looking piece I might be interested in adding to my collection. The price point is pretty much the same as my others (Seiko Urushi, SBDC053,Longines VHP) & if the quality is on par I'm even more tempted....

Re: Alpina Startimer Heritage GMT

Hi Mark
    I have also seen it on Gnomon watches and only there. It claims it is an exclusive and it is sold out. I have asked Alpina for more information. For an in house movement and $1100, it's a good deal. If it is truly an exclusive then it may be difficult to find in any store. Maybe they are letting Gnomon sell the first batches, I will post an update if I hear back from Alpina (perhaps a big IF).

Lee,
    since my 1st post I came across a German? website that advertised this watch. However, the photo of it wasn't nearly as attractive as the Gnomen beauty shots, which popped. The dial shot from this outfit looked more like a dull navy. Apparently it is also available in black & a champagne. None looked that great so my suspicions of internet based watch photos remains.
    I'd really have to see this one on my wrist before taking the $1K plunge....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was curious of this one as well. I like the looks of the Alpiner 4 GMT, and then saw the same pictures you are talking about and am in the same boat. That blue sunburst dial one is striking. I have been looking for more info on it and haven't found much info on it other than that Gnomon article. I would love to see one in person or at least see a few more pictures/reviews on it.

Quote Originally Posted by cmbtking2 View Post
    I was curious of this one as well. I like the looks of the Alpiner 4 GMT, and then saw the same pictures you are talking about and am in the same boat. That blue sunburst dial one is striking. I have been looking for more info on it and haven't found much info on it other than that Gnomon article. I would love to see one in person or at least see a few more pictures/reviews on it.
    Same here

I have some more info. The German description says Neuheit Baselworld 2018 which ssems to mean novelty or new development. I have not hear from Alpina or gnomon. Alpina website does not list the watch or its calibre. It sees to list every other calibre even a manual wound that is not even used in any of their watches at this time. I suppose it is so new or they are testing the waters.

There are 4 models. 2 sunburst blue with black and brown strap. A black anthracite and a sunburst light brown (they may have called it orange but its more subdued).

cmbtking2 and Markhp like this.

Thanks for the link. Pictures all look pretty decent.

Really interesting to see that from Alpina

Well, I located an AD within striking distance & if they ever get one I may fire up my trusty Triumph, make the long ride over & take a close look at it on a sunny Saturday.
    If that happens I'll report back to you all on what I think of it.
    Ahh... nothing like the hunt for an elusive new toy!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information