First Automatic Watch Frederque Constant Index!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By JonnyDrama
  • 1 Post By denmanproject
  • 1 Post By Cosmorgraph

Thread: First Automatic Watch Frederque Constant Index!

First Automatic Watch Frederque Constant Index!

Hello all!

After going back and forth for the last 6 months I finally decided to pull the trigger on my first automatic watch. I wanted something with a simple classy design, under 40mm, black leather strap, and under $500. I found the Frederic Constant Index FC303S5B6 on Amazon and ordered it through Prime. I love the watch and am very happy I decided to get it. Only issue is the strap is a little big for my wrist (6.5 inches) so I am going to take the band in to get an extra hole or two punched in it. If anyone knows any good spots in Chicago please let me know! Also since this is my first automatic is there anything special I should be doing to take care of it?

Thank you for the help!

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  669.8 KBName:  unnamed (1).jpg
Views: 353
Size:  593.9 KB

Re: First Automatic Watch Frederque Constant Index!

Great watch! mine says hello

lvt likes this.

Don't shake it, wind slowly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes. Wear it. Very nice.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by denmanproject View Post
    Great watch! mine says hello

I ended up getting a brown band for mine recently. Definitely digging this watch.

I just got this watch today for Christmas. It is comfortable on the wrist and the weighting is never problematic. The factory strap is a bit too large for my wrist, so I’ll be swapping that out soon. I measured it at about +8sec/day, and it looks like it willl be right around that (which isn’t terrible, but is on the higher end of my liking).

I love the style, which is done often, but not typically well. I’ve seen this watch with other color dials and it just doesn’t pop the same way as the white does.

The movement seems tight to wind, but the automatic mechanism seems to be winding fine, so it’s a minor issue. I’ll add it to my cycle, though I’m going use this to transition from my quartz dress watch. I typically reach for my quartz because it’s a time saver in the morning rush, but we’ll see how this goes.

I was eyeing the Mido Baroncelli III for some time before falling for this watch. I’m looking forward to adding this to my rotation.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by joshd2012 View Post
    I just got this watch today for Christmas. It is comfortable on the wrist and the weighting is never problematic. The factory strap is a bit too large for my wrist, so I’ll be swapping that out soon. I measured it at about +8sec/day, and it looks like it willl be right around that (which isn’t terrible, but is on the higher end of my liking).

I love the style, which is done often, but not typically well. I’ve seen this watch with other color dials and it just doesn’t pop the same way as the white does.

The movement seems tight to wind, but the automatic mechanism seems to be winding fine, so it’s a minor issue. I’ll add it to my cycle, though I’m going use this to transition from my quartz dress watch. I typically reach for my quartz because it’s a time saver in the morning rush, but we’ll see how this goes.

I was eyeing the Mido Baroncelli III for some time before falling for this watch. I’m looking forward to adding this to my rotation.
    Glad to see you were able to get the FC Index too! I had the same feelings about the leather band when I got the watch. I quickly got a brown band and have been debating about getting a navy blue or regular blue leather band for it in the coming months. After a year my FC Index is still going strong. It definitely has taken a lot of abuse and shows signs of wear, but I am still extremely pleased with my purchase.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  48.7 KB

Not sure how the situation is now around the bands, but FC had their standard length bands and also with S and M indications. Maybe you can check out with the FC-dealer in your town if they have anything left in stock.
    JonnyDrama likes this.

Thread Information