Frédérique Constant & Alpina - Bang for Buck?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Barge

Thread: Frédérique Constant & Alpina - Bang for Buck?

Frédérique Constant & Alpina - Bang for Buck?

I'm interested in both these brands as the styles appeal quite a bit to me.

Can anyone comment on the bang for buck for each? First impression reading through some of the threads are that there can be some quality issues and perhaps the bang for buck is a bit lower than other brands that are known for providing value.

Might help to provide a brand that is comparable in price/quality ratio, a brand that would rank higher, and a brand that would rank lower.

Re: Frédérique Constant & Alpina - Bang for Buck?

Hello, Eltonj
    A watch from any brand may have issues, but as we don't have the statistics from service centre, in my opinion, a number of topics here about faulty watches is not representative for the annual production of 170.000 pieces.
    From my experience FC and Alpina produce nicely embellished and quality watches in the mid-range segment and, unlike most of the competitor brands, come with their own manufacture movements. In quartz models they use battery-operated Ronda - quite common thing for Swiss, but the case, hands and dial are top-notch in this segment. In lower automatics they use Sellita, sometimes with their own modules on top at the price of three-handed models from other brands.
    The decoration of movements in top-range models is stunning, bridges are nicely decorated with Cotes de Geneve, Perlage and Anglage, and rhodium-plated.
    On the bad side FC and Alpina cannot compete with the Swatch group on a full scale. The power reserve of 40 hours doesn't keep up with the current trend. Personally I don't bother, but for a lot of people it is a downside. Quartz movements are pretty common.
    On the good side, FC and Alpina are more exclusive than let say Longines and have some unique propositions on the market.

Надіслано від мого SM-G935F, використовуючи Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by semechka.y View Post
    Hello, Eltonj
    A watch from any brand may have issues, but as we don't have the statistics from service centre, in my opinion, a number of topics here about faulty watches is not representative for the annual production of 170.000 pieces.
    From my experience FC and Alpina produce nicely embellished and quality watches in the mid-range segment and, unlike most of the competitor brands, come with their own manufacture movements. In quartz models they use battery-operated Ronda - quite common thing for Swiss, but the case, hands and dial are top-notch in this segment. In lower automatics they use Sellita, sometimes with their own modules on top at the price of three-handed models from other brands.
    The decoration of movements in top-range models is stunning, bridges are nicely decorated with Cotes de Geneve, Perlage and Anglage, and rhodium-plated.
    On the bad side FC and Alpina cannot compete with the Swatch group on a full scale. The power reserve of 40 hours doesn't keep up with the current trend. Personally I don't bother, but for a lot of people it is a downside. Quartz movements are pretty common.
    On the good side, FC and Alpina are more exclusive than let say Longines and have some unique propositions on the market.

Надіслано від мого SM-G935F, використовуючи Tapatalk
    Fair enough and thanks for sharing. Also, that is a very nice case back I might add.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The biggest bang for the buck with FC are their more complicated watches. I'm not sure anyone comes close to FC with all their inhouse movements and complicatiions at that price range.
    semechka.y likes this.
    Alpina, Frederique Constant, Girard-Perregaux, Glycine, Mido, NORD Zeitmachine, Omega, Oris, Poljot, Seiko, Swatch, Tissot, Tutima, Ulysse Nardin, Zenith

Thread Information