Frédérique Constant WorldTimer Review
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Frédérique Constant WorldTimer Review

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Frédérique Constant WorldTimer Review

Hey guys, I recently picked up a FC WorldTimer Silver Dial on the Bracelet. Before I purchased the watch I did my fair share of Googling and came up with a few good posts and articles about the watch. I wanted to see what actual owners though of the watch before I made the purchase sight unseen. I figured I'd write a little review on my impressions on the piece to add to the list in case anyone finds themselves in the same position I was!

First off, this is my first Frédérique Constant and the first time I have ever seen/handled one in the metal. I have owned numerous Rolexes, Omegas, and Breitlings. My Current collection is comprised of AP, Omega, Montblac, and nowFrédérique Constant.

I purchased the watch from a well know online grey market dealer. I paid under half of the MSRP which was a big factor in my decision to purchase the watch. Simply put I was looking for something different and unique. Lately I've been on a complications kick and a WorldTimer for a steal of a price is what drew me toFrédérique Constant.

First Impressions/Un-Boxing:
    WOW! (That was my first impression).

Now to extrapolate on that.... The packaging was truly impressive. The box, which is all wood, with a nice synthetic material inside, was much nicer then I'm use to at this price point. Nicer then modern Rolex boxes thats for sure! (Not that Rolex is well known for their boxes) I was impressed by the quality right off the bat, and was pleasantly surprised. The watch shimmered. I did my usual once over, wind the crown, set the watch, quick timing check etc. All good to go!

Name:  IMG_1049.JPG
Views: 748
Size:  964.4 KB

On the Wrist:
    I took the watch to my local Watch guy to have the bracelet sized. I hate sizing pin style bracelets, which is one of my dings against that watch, as it uses pins for the bracelet links. I bought the watch on the bracelet as it is easier to buy on the bracelet and get a leather strap later, rather then the other way around. The bracelet was of decent build and quality, my biggest gripe was the end-link fitment was a little sloppy and produced a decent amount of rattle. Not a biggie as I planned on wearing it on leather most of the time.

Name:  IMG_1061.JPG
Views: 736
Size:  723.5 KBName:  IMG_1056.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  793.7 KB

Later that day I stopped by some watch stores and found a nice leather strap for the WorldTimer

Name:  IMG_1089.JPG
Views: 731
Size:  1.20 MBName:  IMG_1092.JPG
Views: 722
Size:  944.4 KB

The watch was very comfortable on the wrist on both the bracelet and the aftermarket leather. The brown leather strap really brought the watch to life on the wrist. Throughout the day timekeeper has been accurate, and the complication working as intended.

Dial:
    The dial is simply gorgeous on this watch, the different depths of the dial and sunburst background really make it stand out and a joy to look at.
    One thing to note, that on this model, the hour marker indices are lumed, but the hands are not. This has been corrected in future versions, but the silver dial version which I liked best, still had this oversight. The date is displayed at the 6 o'clock and the world times displayed along the center ring with day and night indicator in conjunction with the cities on the outer most edge. The date wheel at 6 o'clock does cover a city or two but it only takes a minute to memorize what cities. I see how this could be an annoyance, but I simply love how the date wheel sits above and the city and world time rings pass underneath.

Name:  IMG_1084.JPG
Views: 706
Size:  1.08 MB

I usually don't go crazy with the loupe on my watches, there is a always a tiny speck of something on the dial, and luckily I'm not that OCD. In this case I did notice a mark on the world time ring by the 1600 marker. It is pretty much invisible to the naked eye, but under a 6x loupe you can see the flaw clearly. Doesn't really bother me, as I stated, without the loupe it isn't noticeable.

Name:  IMG_1085.JPG
Views: 704
Size:  1.14 MBName:  IMG_1087.JPG
Views: 711
Size:  1.12 MB

The back offers a glimpse into the mechanics of the watch. The decoration on the movement is decent, nothing super impressive, but welcomed. I do love the fact that the movement is in house!

Name:  IMG_1091.JPG
Views: 702
Size:  1.17 MBName:  IMG_1090.JPG
Views: 699
Size:  1.10 MB

Overall:
    I'm very happy with the watch and impressed by the quality at the price point that Frédérique Constant offers!
    Cheddar, Barge, EightEyes and 1 others like this.

Re: Frédérique Constant WorldTimer Review

great review and photos.
    I also love my FC worldtimer.
    Alpina, Frederique Constant, Girard-Perregaux, Glycine, Mido, NORD Zeitmachine, Omega, Oris, Poljot, Seiko, Swatch, Tissot, Tutima, Ulysse Nardin, Zenith

Excellent review!
    Wear in good health!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you! I have found new love for my white dial Worldtimer!

Nice watch, wear it well!
    The high priest of meaningless conversation.

Beautiful watch. I really like the FC movement. Wish they make a smaller version in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review. FWIW I feel that it wears smaller than 42mm. My comfort zone is 40/41 and the FC Worldtimer doesn't feel the slightest bit big on my wrist... wears more like a 40mm IMO (it tapers up little). Anyway, as much as I'm really impressed with this watch it's getting very little wrist time having recently purchased a GMT Master II and the new Tudor BB GMT. I'm thinking about letting it go.

What a beautiful watch - stunning dial, gorgeous movement, all with a nice fit on you, congrats

Ok, so I guess my question is why are there lume dots on the dial but zero lume on the hands? Something looks really odd.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Question Re: Frédérique Constant WorldTimer Review

Quote Originally Posted by UofRSpider View Post
    Ok, so I guess my question is why are there lume dots on the dial but zero lume on the hands? Something looks really odd.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    Because they made a design mistake. I bought it up with them, when I got my hands customized. The newer versions have different hands now.

Here is mine beside last years GPHG entrant. Mine is the white dial with lumed Breguet hands.
    Last edited by Barge; August 18th, 2018 at 13:11.
    Alpina, Frederique Constant, Girard-Perregaux, Glycine, Mido, NORD Zeitmachine, Omega, Oris, Poljot, Seiko, Swatch, Tissot, Tutima, Ulysse Nardin, Zenith

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information