Is Frederique Constant considered a luxury brand? - Page 4
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Is Frederique Constant considered a luxury brand?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: Is Frederique Constant considered a luxury brand?

Indeed.

That they are luxury - that is not the question, they are. Which tier is the question. Car example would be: Toyota= Seiko, citizen, tissot.

Watches in profile....

of course, anything above 1k even in the gray market should be considered as a luxury brand. its like rolex omega luxurious but more oris rado luxurious

Maybe 40 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEmpty View Post
    of course, anything above 1k even in the gray market should be considered as a luxury brand. its like rolex omega luxurious but more ores radio luxurious

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sure, okay that 25 or 30k tourbillon watch they make is not a luxury item, its I guess entry level brand making expensive watches. The Swatch group sells entry level and luxury level watches, just under different brand names. FC just uses different model names.

Honestly the question you should ask yourself is if they provide good value at their price point. A nice in-house movement, nice looking and well made dial and case, hard to find much out there that out performs them at their price point on the gray market.

I bought one because it is a great watch, I'll let others figure out if the 2k I spent was on a luxury piece, but really don't much care.

Quote Originally Posted by wbird View Post
    Sure, okay that 25 or 30k tourbillon watch they make is not a luxury item, its I guess entry level brand making expensive watches. The Swatch group sells entry level and luxury level watches, just under different brand names. FC just uses different model names.

Honestly the question you should ask yourself is if they provide good value at their price point. A nice in-house movement, nice looking and well made dial and case, hard to find much out there that out performs them at their price point on the gray market.

I bought one because it is a great watch, I'll let others figure out if the 2k I spent was on a luxury piece, but really don't much care.
    Tourbillon was a part of FC collection right from 2000s and it alongside with a Heart Beat Perpetual was their top-of-the-line model and promoted as a luxury item. When the rest of your collection is topped at 4k Euro in Steel, everything that is priced at 12.5-15k Euro (watches with a platinum case) or even 50k Euro should be luxury just for the reason of their availability and price.
    Now the price difference with FC top models is less, but I think they are luxury items. And such is for example Tag Heuer Tourbillon

Надіслано від мого SM-G935F, використовуючи Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wbird View Post

Tourbillon was a part of FC collection right from 2000s and it alongside with a Heart Beat Perpetual was their top-of-the-line model and promoted as a luxury item. When the rest of your collection is topped at 4k Euro in Steel, everything that is priced at 12.5-15k Euro (watches with a platinum case) or even 50k Euro should be luxury just for the reason of their availability and price.
    Now the price difference with FC top models is less, but I think they are luxury items. And such is for example Tag Heuer Tourbillon

Надіслано від мого SM-G935F, використовуючи Tapatalk

I was a huge fan of FC before they got bought out a few years back. I found the designs to be much more appealing and unique. Now, they just look like the majority of the bland lower priced designs out there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information