Frederique Constant FC-392RV6B6 with BLANK case back?

Thread: Frederique Constant FC-392RV6B6 with BLANK case back?

Frederique Constant FC-392RV6B6 with BLANK case back?

I purchased a Frederique Constant FC-392RV6B6 and have no doubt that it is authentic. The weirdest thing though is that the case back is completely blank, not a single word or design on it. If you google the model and look at pictures, it is supposed to have a landscape scene and also has words describing the features such as swiss made, 10ATM, etc. Does anyone have any clue why my case back would be blank?

Name:  Frederique Constant FC-392RV6B6.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  59.1 KB

Re: Frederique Constant FC-392RV6B6 with BLANK case back?

This watch appears to have been destined for engraving. Maybe the customer backed out of the deal before it was completed. I have never seen this model in person, but the pictures seem to lead me to this conclusion. The design the watch has on the caseback from FC looks like it would polish away easily.
    Or, FC screwed up on a few of these casebacks and shipped them anyway. I really doubt this.
    I dont know where you purchased the watch and would doubt that there are fake versions of this watch. I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Frederique Constant FC-392RV6B6 with BLANK case back?

This watch came from the SWI Group liquidation (known by most as worldofwatches.com). They are very reputable and were actually an AD for FC. I've called the FC service center in the US and they had no clue. I've emailed FC headquarters to see if they can provide any input. I was thinking maybe they do a test run when they are designing a new model and do not put the engraving on the back, especially since it is a limited edition and they don't want to use up any of the numbers on the test run. I'm just making this scenario up though so no clue if it has any merit.

Thread Information