Seastrong 300 different movements?

Thread: Seastrong 300 different movements?

Seastrong 300 different movements?

Okay guys I bought a seastrong 300 grey dial. Love the watch, bought it from a seller on eBay. New watch box and all paperwork minus warranty card... seems super legit and it’s a beautiful watch. However the sw200 movement advertised on Alpina’s website and in the Pics is very “polished” ie blued screws Perlage Geneva stripes etc. the watch I received is very plain. Is this something to be concerned about? A lot of the Seastrongs I’ve seen on here have the same movement as mine. So what do you guys think? I don’t know how to post pics yet as I’m a new member.

Re: Seastrong 300 different movements?

It's legitimate but it's the older version like 2010-2013 or something which uses the ETA 2824-2 which in some regards is better than the SW200 since i've heard issues of it stripping due to the teeth on the gear being some other shape than the ETA movement. My suggestion is that once your movement turns to crap or you think it's time for a service just go to eBay and buy an ETA 2824-2 'Top' or ETA 2892-A2 movement which has the same finishing or even better than the sw200, just swap the rotors out and it'll be tip top. In terms of accuracy the 2892-A2 is better.

Re: Seastrong 300 different movements?

Quote Originally Posted by NoTaWaTcHgUyOkAy View Post
    It's legitimate but it's the older version like 2010-2013 or something which uses the ETA 2824-2 which in some regards is better than the SW200 since i've heard issues of it stripping due to the teeth on the gear being some other shape than the ETA movement. My suggestion is that once your movement turns to crap or you think it's time for a service just go to eBay and buy an ETA 2824-2 'Top' or ETA 2892-A2 movement which has the same finishing or even better than the sw200, just swap the rotors out and it'll be tip top. In terms of accuracy the 2892-A2 is better.
    Interesting info. Thanks!

Thread Information