Seriously Alpina ?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Seriously Alpina ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seriously Alpina ?

Been trying to contact them for days about a couple different things. Tried their website, Facebook and their Instagram. Nothing. The only people who got back to me was one of their service centers in Los Angeles. I'm trying to get a new bezel insert for my Alpiner 4 but apparently you have to buy the whole case for $425...

Seriously ? Christ even Rolex sells bezel inserts separately.

Is Alpina known for bad customer service ?
    Last edited by JohnnyKarate; December 12th, 2018 at 01:05.

Re: Seriously Alpina ?

I emailed them a week ago and never heard back. Shame
    JohnnyKarate likes this.
    My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.....

Quote Originally Posted by PixlPutterMan View Post
    I emailed them a week ago and never heard back. Shame
    Ya it is. I even tried emailing and Facebook messaging Frederique Constant. Nothing. Gonna flip this watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

**** UPDATE ****

So i got contacted by a "Customer service coordinator" in Switzerland and regarding the bezel insert he said i got the wrong info from the service center and that i would only have to buy the whole case if the bezel was welded on the case. He advised me to contact the service center in Ontario. So i contacted them and they said they are able to order any part for Alpina like crowns, pushers, gaskets etc but for some strange reason when they go to select the bezel it highlights the whole case hence making only the case available. He was going to get in contact with someone in Geneva and find out what the deal is because he said Alpina & FC are the only companies he's seen this happen with.

We'll see ..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKarate View Post
    **** UPDATE ****

So i got contacted by a "Customer service coordinator" in Switzerland and regarding the bezel insert he said i got the wrong info from the service center and that i would only have to buy the whole case if the bezel was welded on the case. He advised me to contact the service center in Ontario. So i contacted them and they said they are able to order any part for Alpina like crowns, pushers, gaskets etc but for some strange reason when they go to select the bezel it highlights the whole case hence making only the case available. He was going to get in contact with someone in Geneva and find out what the deal is because he said Alpina & FC are the only companies he's seen this happen with.

We'll see ..
    See if he can order the 12 hour bezel insert for me too lol
    My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.....

Sold off the Alpina. The service center never replied back. I gotta say out of all the watches i've ever owned from many different companies Alpina/FC has by far the worst customer service. They don't reply through their website, Facebook or Instagram. The only way i was able to get in contact with them is by finding some random Alpina ecommerce email online who then forwarded my email to Geneva. I proceeded to tell them they have the wrong dimensions on their site for the Alpiner 4 series. They say the case is 44mm and the bracelet tapers to 20mm when in fact the case is 45mm and the bracelet tapers to 18mm. I told them this and i'm pretty sure they don't believe me since they never updated the specs on their site.

Very disappointing to hear. The brand is already suffering and the customer services are subpar. Owned by someone else, who in turn owned by another someone else. Maybe thats why nobody cares.
    JohnnyKarate likes this.

Mind messaging me that email address?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKarate View Post
    Sold off the Alpina. The service center never replied back. I gotta say out of all the watches i've ever owned from many different companies Alpina/FC has by far the worst customer service. They don't reply through their website, Facebook or Instagram. The only way i was able to get in contact with them is by finding some random Alpina ecommerce email online who then forwarded my email to Geneva. I proceeded to tell them they have the wrong dimensions on their site for the Alpiner 4 series. They say the case is 44mm and the bracelet tapers to 20mm when in fact the case is 45mm and the bracelet tapers to 18mm. I told them this and i'm pretty sure they don't believe me since they never updated the specs on their site.

I will follow up if this pans out, but I found a contact number for Alpina/FC Parts/

212-497-7300 - It will say welcome to citizen watch, but if you wait for prompt 3/"other" it says thanks for calling Alpina / FC.

I left a voicemail.....

I love my Alpina Startimer Pilot Manufacture but I've had a similar experience when trying to contact the company. Multiple emails, attempts to contact via FB and Instagram... crickets.

This is an example of the low to mid tier of the Swiss watch industry at its worst. No wonder people have started looking to microbrands, where emails are often returned the same day by the owner of the company. Granted, he's also often the sole employee but heck, I'll take that over cold Swiss indifference any day.

Heuer Autavia Heritage Caliber 02 Farer Lander GMT
    Oak & Oscar Jackson Oris Divers 65
    Junghans Meister Telemeter Seiko Turtle SRP777
    Longines Heritage Chronograph 1973 Seiko 6106-8100 Sports Diver
    Baltic Bicompax Slate Gray Lorier Hydra
    Alpina ​Startimer Pilot Manufacture Casio A700W, AE1200WH, G300-3AV

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information