Shocked by the quality Frédérique Constant 303S6B6
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Shocked by the quality Frédérique Constant 303S6B6

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shocked by the quality Frédérique Constant 303S6B6

Alright so here’s the story - my last flip left me without a dress watch and I was in desperate need for something suit-appropriate for my company’s holiday party. I looked around for something I could “get away with” that I could acquire fast, but also didn’t want to break the bank as I’m rarely in suits. And wow, I think I struck gold.

I mostly wear sports watches that are ... uh ... a bit more expensive. Currently have a 6 digit Rolex Exp2, a Tudor Black Bay Noir and a Heuer-02 Autavia Cup. In the past I’ve owned an Omega Planet Ocean, an IWC Portuguese Chronograph and a Panerai Radiomir 512. Had the IWC for many years but never wore it bc it was too dressy (rose gold hands) then got the 512 as I thought it struck a balance between sporty and dressy (never bonded with it), but decided to move on from those two in favor of a collection that was far more sporty (Land, Sea, Air, Racing).

But that left me in a hole this holiday season so I’m a panic I ran to Amazon to find something. Stumbled upon the Classic Index and found a good deal but was bummed it was 43mm. I figured I’d pull the trigger and “get whatever” and if I hated it, flip it or try to return it.

Got the notification the watch had arrived today, ran home to pick it up. Winced as i opened the box, and to my absolute shock was blown away by the quality. Weight is great, size wears much smaller than 43mm (I have huge wrists though) the dial is incredibly elegant, the hands and indices are very handsome. The one knock is a kinda poor quality band, but I’ll tell you the band looks very nice on the wrist and the curved ends really create a nice look. I don’t mind the printed logo Frédérique Constant, Geneve, Automatic and Swiss Made since the watch was only $300 after using some gift cards I had laying around (list price was $475 on Amazon and $1050 on the FC website). The lugs hug the wrist very nicely and I think the 10mm height really shrinks the watch.

Bottom line, I’m blown away. Not sure of the longevity of the Sellita movement, but I can’t see why I wouldn’t hang on to this one for a while if not forever. From a snobby Rolex, Tudor, Heuer, IWC, Panerai, Omega guy I’m really impressed. This one punches way out of its weight class. Looks wise it is very much on par with the IWC (although obviously not a Chrono). If you’re thinking about it, just go buy one or one of their other offerings in this range at 37mm and 40mm.

Here it is on my 8 inch wrist:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Shocked by the quality Frédérique Constant 303S6B6

Alpina and FC rock way outta their weight class.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

That is a very nice piece, looks great on your wrist. I'd personally get another strap for it though
    mattya56 likes this.
    Current collection: Omega Seamaster Pro 2531.80 / Oris Big Crown Small Second Pointer Day / Alpina Alpiner 4 Automatic Blue - Alpina Startimer Automatic / Steinhart Military47 - Steinhart Nav.B Chrono 47 Limited Gold Edition - Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Red - Steinhart Ocean One Vintage / Seiko Brightz SDGM003 / t*a*c*t*i*c*o TC3.3 / Glycine ​Airman Double Twelve

Gone but not forgotten: Steinhart Aviation Dual Time Premium - Steinhart Nav B-Uhr 44 Vintage Titan A-Muster - Seiko Prospex SBDC033 - Steinhart Nav B-Uhr 47 Vintage Titan B-Muster - Steinhart Nav B-Uhr 47 Handaufzug

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by twintop View Post
    That is a very nice piece, looks great on your wrist. I'd personally get another strap for it though
    Yeah, I’m thinking brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great! I almost picked one up on Cyber Monday. FC's modified Sellita movements run very well.
    Baume & Mercier Malibu Auto (MV045083) Concord Mariner SG (15.22.533) Ebel Type E Auto (9330C41) Edox Les Bemonts Chronometre (80046)

Instagram @ebel_ution

Quote Originally Posted by malach ra View Post
    Alpina and FC rock way outta their weight class.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
    I second this. I've been very impressed with my Alpiner. It runs equal to my Breitling (+3/4 sec/day)
    Baume & Mercier Malibu Auto (MV045083) Concord Mariner SG (15.22.533) Ebel Type E Auto (9330C41) Edox Les Bemonts Chronometre (80046)

Instagram @ebel_ution

Yep I was in a similar situation and I grabbed a rose gold plate version. Blown away at quality for money. The white dial is gorgeous. Still enjoy wearing it once and while with a suit at work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mattya56 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    Yep I was in a similar situation and I grabbed a rose gold plate version. Blown away at quality for money. The white dial is gorgeous. Still enjoy wearing it once and while with a suit at work.
    Woah! That looks great! Now I may be on the hunt for one...

Instagram @ebel_ution

I've been looking at FC for a while now. Thanks for the quick review...
    mattya56 likes this.

Nice piece! enjoy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information