Slimline automatic FC306V4S4 reappears on Ebay. Should I be wary?

Thread: Slimline automatic FC306V4S4 reappears on Ebay. Should I be wary?

Slimline automatic FC306V4S4 reappears on Ebay. Should I be wary?

Hi all,

I've been looking at the 306V4S4 (gold filled case) for awhile waiting to find a decent deal. Grey market prices are around $1,000 (Jomashop had $700 a year or so ago but are out of stock); retail $1500 or greater.

This listing appeared last week and sold within 24 hours. Now it's back and I'm wondering if that's a bad sign about the watch/seller or just something that happens now and then. I'm also leery about a supposedly "new with tags" watch where the box "was thrown away" bc seller didn't realize they'd be reselling it. Who throws away a box but doesn't remove tags?

Anyway, just wondering if someone might hop over to eBay for a quick view and let me know if my apprehensions are legitimate.

Thanks!

scott

R1P

Re: Slimline automatic FC306V4S4 reappears on Ebay. Should I be wary?

Have you messaged the seller? If not, that would be my first stop and see if his/her answer satisfies you. Ask everything you question. If he/she doesn’t get back to you or the answer does not satisfy you, walk away.

Ultimately, even if the seller lists as “no return”, if what you receive isn’t what it is advertised and pictured, process a return through the system. Ebay will step in if the buyer doesn’t take it back and refund you.

But to my first point...always buy the seller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Slimline automatic FC306V4S4 reappears on Ebay. Should I be wary?

Yes, I did ask. His response was that the first sale fell through because the payment was taking longer than expected. He's had the watch for about a month (as a gift), got rid of the box but never wore it hence still has plastic & tags.

I'm not sure what to make of that. I mean, I'd wear a gift at least once immediately, but that's me?

He doesn't accept returns, although eBay will cover it if it's not as described.

Thread Information