Value of Frederique Constant Classic FC303-MC4P6 - should I just keep it?

Thread: Value of Frederique Constant Classic FC303-MC4P6 - should I just keep it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Value of Frederique Constant Classic FC303-MC4P6 - should I just keep it?

Looking to liquidate some watches to contribute towards a larger purchase. One of my watches that gets little use is my fill-in-the-blank (Admin edit). Can anyone offer some guidance on what would be a reasonable price to sell this preowned and how difficult it might be to move?

If it ends up being too low in value, it might make sense to focus on moving something else.

Thanks!
    Last edited by CMSgt Bo; February 2nd, 2018 at 17:50. Reason: Please review our rules

Re: Value of Frederique Constant Classic FC303-MC4P6 - should I just keep it?

Try searching for the watch by reference number thru the Gargler and see what prices pop up for new one. Yours is used, albeit very lightly, and try to sell it for just below grey-market new price.

Good luck!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaJohnboy View Post
    Try searching for the watch by reference number thru the Gargler and see what prices pop up for new one. Yours is used, albeit very lightly, and try to sell it for just below grey-market new price.

Good luck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

FC is probably the "luxury" brand that takes the biggest hits on the second-hand market, but that just proves how little regard people actually have for it. I've seen plenty of examples where their MSRP $3000+ limited edition models can't even get sold at $600 just a couple of years old.

Add to it that Grey-market you can pick-up most models at 30% off retail. AD's will gladly give you 20% right off the bat. As soon as you take off the sticker - you can devalue it by 40%. Then add 5% for each month of ownership.

FC is not alone in this. FC is not a luxury brand in my opinion, it's more of a mid tiered brand and those take massive hits on the second hand market. Particularly with their higher end offerings.

Tag Heuer's $8000 retail inhouse movements selling for under $2000 on Ebay, brand new or pretty much weeks old.
    Montblanc ($2000 complicated moonphases going for under $500), Bulova ($2000 chronographs under $300 new). Etc

I think the issue is the retail cost got ahead of the brand image and their current client base. Also many of these brands have inflated Retails.

"inflated Retails" due to deflated purchasing power of currency.
    Quote Originally Posted by AsAnAtheist View Post
    FC is not alone in this. FC is not a luxury brand in my opinion, it's more of a mid tiered brand and those take massive hits on the second hand market. Particularly with their higher end offerings.

Tag Heuer's $8000 retail inhouse movements selling for under $2000 on Ebay, brand new or pretty much weeks old.
    Montblanc ($2000 complicated moonphases going for under $500), Bulova ($2000 chronographs under $300 new). Etc

I think the issue is the retail cost got ahead of the brand image and their current client base. Also many of these brands have inflated Retails.

Like others have said regarding second market “hit”. I’d say keep it
    Timeless

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    "inflated Retails" due to deflated purchasing power of currency.
    ...or what the market will bear ;)

Or the exchange rates at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrcoko View Post
    ...or what the market will bear ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    Or the exchange rates at the time.
    I blame your Lucien Piccard...It's responsible, somehow ;)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information