New santos chrono opinions
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bdecam
  • 1 Post By Seaswirl

Thread: New santos chrono opinions

New santos chrono opinions

All the “professional” blogs seem to love the new santos chrono 2019. Tried on the all gold but would purchase the ADLC steel.

I can carry it on the wrist. Holding off at the moment (even the steel is 10k) but will remain on the radar.
    Just curious what others think.

I actually like it and think it’s innovative. What I don’t like is the quick change system as it will lock me into sourcing straps from either them or possibly ABP only. Although once I get a couple of straps going -it will would be really sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New santos chrono opinions

I think steel will look amazing.

The watch is too big for me, otherwise I'd be rocking the two-tone chrono instead of my two-tone medium. I've seen all the variations in person (3 local Cartier boutiques plus my AD) and can assure you the rubber/steel combo looks legitimate. I don't think it can pass off as a dress watch, but the gold variations (especially the pink gold) on a strap could.

The QuickSwitch system consideration is real. I also don't think I've seen any other straps for the XL size (rubber, steel two-tone, leather) so you may want to consider that. In addition, you will get two with the new system, which is nice, but if you want any additional straps it takes a bit. I am currently on week 3 of 3-5 weeks for waiting on a black alligator strap. Wait time and annoyance of the proprietary system aside, the system itself is awesome. Literally have switched straps in 15 seconds and walked out of the house. I now wish ALL my straps had it. It feel way more secure than the quick release straps too.
    dinodays likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bdecam View Post
    The watch is too big for me, otherwise I'd be rocking the two-tone chrono instead of my two-tone medium. I've seen all the variations in person (3 local Cartier boutiques plus my AD) and can assure you the rubber/steel combo looks legitimate. I don't think it can pass off as a dress watch, but the gold variations (especially the pink gold) on a strap could.

The QuickSwitch system consideration is real. I also don't think I've seen any other straps for the XL size (rubber, steel two-tone, leather) so you may want to consider that. In addition, you will get two with the new system, which is nice, but if you want any additional straps it takes a bit. I am currently on week 3 of 3-5 weeks for waiting on a black alligator strap. Wait time and annoyance of the proprietary system aside, the system itself is awesome. Literally have switched straps in 15 seconds and walked out of the house. I now wish ALL my straps had it. It feel way more secure than the quick release straps too.
    Do you know who they source the straps from? Can’t figure it out.
    How big is your wrist-

My wrist is somewhere around 7.25 -possibly 7 1/2 so I can “carry” it nicely I think.

The two tone was very nice. The boutique didn’t have the steel but I can request it.
    Less concerned about being a “dress watch” as my office is...business casual “lite” -but thinking about how nice it would be to simply put that rubber strap right about now as I am about to take my kid to a pool.

Need to hold off on the purchase For a bit otherwise I think I would have pulled the trigger but will be on my radar for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Santos and I love chronographs, but I don’t like the combination of the two.
    gooter likes this.

The new chrono looks incredible. The Santos is one of my favorite all time pieces. Think the stainless looks better for the Santos, but feel that the large size is too big (at least for my wrist). I am seeking a Santos medium for my next acquisition.

Thread Information