Dual Crown project movement update - Page 17
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Dual Crown project movement update

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Re: Dual Crown project movement update

Unfortunately, after consideration I would like to drop out as well. Please let me know the process I need to follow.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ty_tanium View Post
    i had just answered an email regarding if i was still in for just the strap option. i replied with a "yes" without even realizing this thread existed. unfortunatly i would like a refund for this as well. im sorry but i just cant trust the warranty of someone who has tried to pull a move like that. can a commite member please pm me with how i go about getting my refund? thanks.
    I'm just speculating but I don't think he was trying to "pull a move". I suspect he considers the two movements completely equal and went with the one that was easier to get forgetting that a specific movement was specified.
    Now that it's time to engrave the back, he was probably, "Oh... ........"

I get the impreesion he's running more of a 'mom and pop' size shop, probably has a lot on his mind, and may have just made an honest mistake.

I know I make a mistake here and there. I'm pretty sure we all do.
    Last edited by ColinW; April 28th, 2013 at 03:58.

I'm out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Ed.............I was curious how you were planning to handle the lower numbered watches that are now up for grabs.

For the interested people, Watchguy has made a very interesting review (I hope you enjoy it like i did):
    Comparison: Sea-Gull ST2130, ETA 2824-2, Peacock SL3000
    Name:  IMG_9113-1024x768.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  101.9 KB
    Comparison: Sea-Gull ST2130, ETA 2824-2, Peacock SL3000 | Watch Guy
    skywatch, geoffbot, hked and 1 others like this.
    "Happiness is only real when shared"

If there is a spare watch going, I am up for one. Might as well having spent two days on comparing the movements...

Thanks just read the comparison and the 2130 was rough hopefully just a one off. it also performed worse than the peacock after it had been cleaned up though hmm. As said both new Chinese movements were dirty Would Thomas have serviced the new movements before installing them in the watches ? It does look like these new Chinese movements both the ST2130 and the SL3000 require a clean before they are used.

Don't take those gory shots of dirt as something terrible. Most new Chinese watches look like that inside. Only the Swiss have these dust-proof industrial buildings with everyone walking around in protective clothes. You will always find small fibres and skin bits in any decent Chinese movement. They are oiled, performing well, and won't need a service. Wear the watch in good health for 5 years+, and then have it serviced.

Great comparison - thanks for posting.

TL;DL? "The Peacock is a bit ahead of the Sea-Gull when it comes to performance, but the Sea-Gull has the better finishes (apart from the plate damage of course). If you want quality throughout, the ETA is your choice."

No question in my mind now I'm staying in.

You guys are quick!

Anyway, I asked Christian, "If, for example, we ordered watches with ST2130 movements and he fobbed us off with the Peacock ones, should we be angry/upset?" and his answer was, "Not much between the two, so no reason to get upset if they swap one with the other ."

So although Thomas made the mistake of not telling us about the movement change earlier, he never lied when he repeatedly said the performance and build is on a par with the ST2130. Obviously, we have the right to be unhappy or whatever with his original decision and I'm still annoyed by his lack of transparency, especially with regards to the negative impact it has had on this project and potentially any future ones. However, he has worked with both movements for a while, the monetary value of both is roughly the same and he has already agreed to honour our order for the ST2130.

I, for one, am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and will be going with the Liaoning/Peacock movement if he agrees to modify the case back text for me. For those who are still skeptical about the longitivity of the Peacock, ask me in a year's time :):)

Off to bed now (it is 4am after all) and hope I don't wake to the smell of burning fires!
    Last edited by hked; April 30th, 2013 at 04:00.
    MHe225 likes this.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information