2013 WUS Project
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: 2013 WUS Project

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

2013 WUS Project

We (the Design Committee) are in fact insane and would like to introduce our psychiatrist and guest Committee member for 2013............drum roll.................Torsten!

It is true he has forgotten more about Chinese VCMs than I know and although he is a very busy man, he approached me months ago with an idea for the 2013 WUS Chinese Forum Watch. The idea was approved by the kind people at WUS and the rest is history.

I don't want to say too much as I would like to leave the honours to Torsten. Hopefully, he will fill us in with the details of the upcoming 2013 project watch. Sorry to keep you all in suspense.....not .

Re: 2013 WUS Project

Please, when???

(it's been Monday here for 21 hours!!!).
    Last edited by cygnus atratus; November 5th, 2012 at 09:00.
    Citizen; Seiko; Casio; Rotary; Tissot; Marina Militare; Vostok Europe; Armida; Steinhart; Island Watch; Fifty Four;
    Proxima; San Martin; Android; Obris Morgan; Aragon; J Springs; Sturhling Original; Komandirskie; Watchuseek Projects, x2; ...

Woooot? The 2012 hasn't even finished yet. Now tell us the details.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah! Can't wait. Does it really matter that the 2012 is not completed(so to speak, at least in my mind it is, except for delivery). Am sure many will be waiting for more news.

Eddy,
    Thank you for the introduction and the opportunity to join the committee for this project. Very exiting though I am not sure what I am getting myself into.
    The (Chinese) WUS 2013 project will be a ST5-based dress watch in the style of a 1960's dress watch. Over the last months I have purchased 150 used and NOS Seagull, Tianjin,and Lanhua watches containing the milling engraved ST5 movement. (Apologies should have caused this a temporary price spike).

The watches are currently being dismantled before they will be send to Tianjin where a Seagull factory employee will clean and service the movements. This process should take up to four month at the least. I have further purchased spare parts and additional watches to be used for spares.

Due to the different source watches the movements will have slight differences in appearance and they will be randomly assigned to the new watches. So you will be getting a ST5 fully serviced and good to run for another 40 years. By accident, our project coincides with the 40 year anniversary of the ST5 in the market.

The committee has yet to decide on the design process. Below two pictures of where we want to go with this project in general. Including of course a crystal case back to show off the ST5. And a sample for potential design for the dial and overall style of the watch we are aiming for. The committee will come back to you with more info later.

Cheers, Torsten

Name:  ST5 mock-up.jpg
Views: 2727
Size:  78.8 KB

Name:  Junghans sample.jpg
Views: 2458
Size:  75.9 KB

Interesting idea...........making new out of old.......I'm game. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Torsten View Post
    Eddy,
    Thank you for the introduction and the opportunity to join the committee for this project. Very exiting though I am not sure what I am getting myself into.
    The (Chinese) WUS 2013 project will be a ST5-based dress watch in the style of a 1960's dress watch. Over the last months I have purchased 150 used and NOS Seagull, Tianjin,and Lanhua watches containing the milling engraved ST5 movement. (Apologies should have caused this a temporary price spike).

The watches are currently being dismantled before they will be send to Tianjin where a Seagull factory employee will clean and service the movements. This process should take up to four month at the least. I have further purchased spare parts and additional watches to be used for spares.

Due to the different source watches the movements will have slight differences in appearance and they will be randomly assigned to the new watches. So you will be getting a ST5 fully serviced and good to run for another 40 years. By accident, our project coincides with the 40 year anniversary of the ST5 in the market.

The committee has yet to decide on the design process. Below two pictures of where we want to go with this project in general. Including of course a crystal case back to show off the ST5. And a sample for potential design for the dial and overall style of the watch we are aiming for. The committee will come back to you with more info later.

Cheers, Torsten

Name:  ST5 mock-up.jpg
Views: 2727
Size:  78.8 KB

Name:  Junghans sample.jpg
Views: 2458
Size:  75.9 KB

BTW, count me in as soon as you start a registration thread.

Thanks.

If the committee requires any design input, i'd like to contribute.
    Here's a first idea:
    Name:  st5verson1ph.jpg
Views: 2809
Size:  335.2 KB
    - Sunburst piepan dial
    - C3 lume dots
    - raised metal W logo (not pictured)
    - sunburst style brushed case (Not sure what this case type is called)
    - oyster style decorated bezel
    - nice leather strap
    - domed acrylic.

Inspired by:

Name:  4323124016_d48bf67825.jpg
Views: 2574
Size:  142.1 KB
    Name:  SeaGullST5D-3.jpg
Views: 2537
Size:  59.3 KB
    Name:  T2kmdGXchNXXXXXXXX_!!898899022.jpg
Views: 2470
Size:  110.9 KB
    Last edited by tmr5555; November 5th, 2012 at 15:05.
    janl and Illyria like this.

Hi Torsten,
    cool idea, count me in... Tentatively what price range are we looking at?

Very nice, I'll be sure to keep an eye on this as I don't own a ST5 yet!
    Lover of watches from all around the globe.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information