An early start on the 2013 ST5 Project is required as the movements need to be refurbished and we can make good use of this time to finalise the design. The estimated time of production, including renovating movements, is around 7 months (taking into account a one month holiday for Chinese New Year) from the moment Thomas receives the movements. So realistically, we expect June 2013 to be the completion date at the earliest.
The cost per watch is around US$150, but this will be confirmed once Thomas has started working on the movements and can assess how much work is needed. Torsten, Thomas and I met this night to discuss the specifications for this project and came up with the list below:
1) Domed acrylic crystal
2) 38mm SS watch case (refer to the Junghans watch cases below)
3) Pie-pan dial (refer to Dongfeng dial below)
4) See-through crystal back to show off sexy ST5 movement
5) Applied markers suitable for 60s/70s dress watch (again refer to markers on Junghans below)
6) 18mm lugs
7) Crown type and size - around 5.5-6mm would be ideal
8) Dial colour - possibly three choices: sunburst off-white, silver or champagne
9) Bent minute and seconds hands (possibly with red arrow tip)
Please note, text in red are items we feel are quintessential to this project and are not up for discussion. There will be less scope for voting in this project as we need to maintain a certain flavour in this nod to vintage style watches.
Here are photos of watches which embody the style of watch we are hoping to produce:
Please feel free to comment and start spinning out those designs guys!!!!