After much debate, a late-night (for Torsten and I) five-way conference call and numerous calls/meetings with Thomas we present to you........the Design Thread Part 2. *Fanfare*
Due to the need for more parts and reserve movements the price may be adjusted to US$160 per watch. We'll keep you updated on this.
A few things we have decided to put to the vote:
1) Choice of 38mm, 39mm or 40mm SS watch case. The watch case and rim will be kept as thin as aesthetically possible, not difficult as movement itself is slim and handwinding.
2) 18mm or 20mm lugs.
3) We are happily able to offer 2 different dial colours!!!! Please note there is a minimum order of 50 for each colour, so any combinations such as 50/100 or 75/75 are possible. Both dials must also have the same finish, ie. both plain or both sunburst. We are toying with the idea of doing 2 separate votes: 1 for light-coloured dial (perhaps silver, champagne and gold) and 1 for dark-coloured dial (black or blue).
4) Curved vs. pie-pan dial.
5) 3-4 sets of hands and seconds hands will be offered in a vote.
Specifications not up for discussion (being the despots that we are):
1) Domed acrylic crystal
2) Transparent crystal case back to show off this foxy lady
1) Applied, thick and plain markers will be used in keeping with the VCM theme. We will need to see the final design before making a decision.
2) A 5.5-6mm crown (with sloped sides to make it look smaller) will be used, possibly with a raised star instead of the WUS logo this year.
3) Case back engraving with something to commemorate the ST5's 40th anniversary and lasered LE numbers as usual.
4) 1 year warranty from Thomas.
5) Thoughts on 1 vote per watch? I agree with this method, not only because I will be purchasing several (some are for friends who rarely frequently WUS and would like a say), but it seems logical to offer weighted votes.
Update on voting method - 17th December, 2012
Hi everyone, since we are nearing our 100 deposit target (currently at 92 when we have confirmed all payments) now would be a good time to announce a trial run for the closed voting system. This is due to the number of complaints about last year's open voting system and the possibility of influencing the final result through last minute vote changes. Voting for case size will start on 20th December, 2012 and end on 30th December, 2012.
We will conduct both the case and lug size votes through this new system, whereby members with voting privileges will send their choice via email to 3 pre-selected Design Committee members and are not allowed to change their vote. The results will be tallied free of outside influence and we will post the list of votes so everyone can check their own choice was correctly placed.
During this trial run, the 1 vote per watch suggestion will be temporarily suspended and each member is only allowed one vote no matter how many watches they have ordered.
Only one 'email vote' will be accepted, spoilt / invalid votes will not be counted and no second vote will be accepted.
When voting starts all members on the main registration list that have not paid their deposit will be removed and placed in the waiting list. From now on, you will only be placed in the main list once your deposit is confirmed paid by Thomas.
All LE numbers that are currently reserved for members of the 2012 project will be released to any member that pays the deposit once voting commences.
Members can check if their vote was received by checking the voting summary tab in the registration spreadsheet.
A few mock ups from the previous thread I would purchase without a thought .