looking for a good all around GMT
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: looking for a good all around GMT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

looking for a good all around GMT

I know technically its not a 24 hour dial watch, but I've narrowed it down to two-ish.. Christopher Ward C65/C60 GMT or the Ocean7 GMT. For those who have not seen an ocean7: https://ocean7watchco.com/collection...sapphire-bezel

What do yall think? I want to stay in the realm of 41-42mm. With the price range around the same between the two. I own one C60 trident and I know the good quality of CW but have zero experience with ocean7. Will also consider other recommendations if yall have any

Re: looking for a good all around GMT

What is your price range? Numbers. People who aren't familiar with the two you mentioned (me included) won't look them up just to contribute. At a guess if day they are on the cheaper side in the sense that you won't get a GMT with a jumping hour hand so you'll be looking at a jumping hour hand. ie, ET base calibre. This is probably the preferred type if you are tracking international time. Whereas if you are the traveller tracking your home time the often called "true GMT" with a jumping hour hand would be preferable. I tend to track international time more often than travel in it so I have a jumping GMT hand ETA based calibre from Breitling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mavan Enthusiast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

The time is secondary.

price range in the $900-$1100 range. new or used, mainly using it when I travel which isn't all the time but occasionally nonetheless. Nice piece btw!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The CW GMT watches look pretty cool - I'm digging the re-design. You might also consider the Zelos GMT. They are a similarly sized company and make some pretty cool watches. Although out of your range, a used Grand Seiko 9F GMT would be really cool also.

Rolex GMT is dependable and easy to bring along with you. If you like to have something more different then a GS GMT Spring Drive might be something you'll like

Here's one that I built.
    It uses a DG3804B movement which is very clevely implemented. The GMT hand in date-set position meshes with the day wheel and meshes with hour wheel in winding position (gear reduced to 1/2 speed). As such that GMT hand will move freely in date set position. So you can set 2nd timezone to tzs where differences are 15, 30 45 minute intervals.

Name:  IMG_20190623_2303231.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  754.0 KB
    Name:  IMG-20190620-WA0002.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  393.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by kennkez View Post
    Rolex GMT is dependable and easy to bring along with you. If you like to have something more different then a GS GMT Spring Drive might be something you'll like
    You may have overlooked the fact that @Winstons88 is setting a budget of around $1000 won't buy a Rolex GMT Oyster bracelet, let alone the watch.
    Michael Day and KiwiWomble like this.
    Steve
    Texas Hill Country

Quote Originally Posted by euro-rs View Post
    You may have overlooked the fact that @Winstons88 is setting a budget of around $1000 won't buy a Rolex GMT Oyster bracelet, let alone the watch.
    Steinhart does have some great GMT watches within that budget
    quino171 likes this.

Here's a pre-owned GMT from a very reputable forum member. Alpina offers a lot of watch for the price and this one is easily in the OP's budget. It's extremely difficult to find a GMT with a quick set/jumping hour hand for less than two grand. The only thing I don't like about it is the 21mm lug width.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs...a-4970325.html
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50
    Omega SMP 2255.80 "Electric Blue"
    Omega SMP GMT 2538.20 "Great White"
    Omega Planet Ocean 42mm 2500D
    DOXA 300 Professional 50th Anniversary
    Certina DS PH200M re-issue
    Citizen Royal Marines Commando
    Orient Triton
    Precista PRS-14

Of the 2 you mentioned the CW is a real looker. I looked at the O7 for years but didn't like the all high polish look on what is dressed like a tool watch. Like others mentioned Steinhart has some nice 1s, I have a Ocean Vintage GMT and love it. Gnomon Watches sells some Squales that are some of my favorites. They are sold out now but get on the notify me list.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    quino171 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information