WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Werner overhauled my vintage "gen 3" Airman Quartz...

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Dennis Smith 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Werner Siegrist of "Falcon Watch Co." did VERY quick work on my 1970's watch, and wound up replacing the movement, caseback, crystal, and (at my request) the dial. He explained to me that the stainless versions came with the blue/black dials and the two-tone versions came with the all black dials. I chose to restore the watch with an all black dial. Gives the watch a very business-like appearance. He returned all the original equipment with the watch.
I'm stunned and thrilled at the final product. It's an excellent tool watch for very little money. Total investment for me (watch plus overhaul) was just under $300!
Here are a couple "before" pictures taken a couple weeks ago with the degrade' dial...(and 80's and modern Airman brothers)...

Here are a couple pics of the watch on its stock bracelet, which has an interesting 70's "bark" or rumpled finish on the side links...

Here are a couple pictures with the watch on a Bund. Cool!

By the way, a note came with the watch... 2007 will be the last year for the "Falcon" badged series of watches. Werner will be selling the rest of his Falcon Quartz stock at reduced rates. Good time to jump on a quartz 24 hour watch! I'm sad to see the Falcon name go away, but I'm glad Glycine has such a dynamic range of watches now that Werner feels he can do this. Werner will continue to work with and sell all the new Glycine automatic models.

See less See more
#4 ·
Now there's a thought!

I've always wanted to find myself on a career path where getting progressively crustier and crankier as I get older is considered a good thing, or at least - "Colorful"...

"Watchmaker" might just be the ticket!:-!:-!:-!

And yes, WUSers all get 10% off.:-d:-d:-d

#5 ·
"I've always wanted to find myself on a career path where getting progressively crustier and crankier as I get older is considered a good thing, or at least - "Colorful"..."

:) "Helicopter Pilot" works well for me :-d

Another note from Werner...
The Airman Worldtime quartz watches from the 80's-90's will also be on clearance sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.