1815 chrono / Lange 1 Darth / Datograph MK1 - did I choose the wrong one? - Page 3
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 1815 chrono / Lange 1 Darth / Datograph MK1 - did I choose the wrong one?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: 1815 chrono / Lange 1 Darth / Datograph MK1 - did I choose the wrong one?

If it doesn’t speak to you (which seems like it) - then sell it.

In the grand scheme of things life is way too short to not absolutely love what's on your wrist. Our days and memories are numbered so don't let you head takeover and talk some crazy non sense to your heart.

Save up and if within your means do get what you have always desired. And wear it in good health!
    greentimgreen likes this.

I agree, I don't think there is a perfect watch. I am not a flipper but over the years have sold maybe 4-6 watches (from a healthy collection) and I would say that I have had regrets for 3 of them and in fact almost considered repurchasing one or two. So make sure about your decision if you do decide to change. A week may not be long enough to know.

You were spoiled by grand seiko and the hulk. nothing comes even close to hulk in terms of energy and beauty. especially not german watches ... they are perfect but they dont have the charm of some pateks and rolexes. but i cant believe you like the 1815 chrono more than the old one? i mean whats up with the pulsations ...
    1) Rolex Submariner Date Hulk 116610LV
    2) Rolex Date Just 41 Smooth Jubilee Bleu Dial 126300
    3) Seiko Sarb033
    4) Victorinox Swiss Army Infantry Mechanical 241587
    5) Magrette Moana Pacific Diver

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio25 View Post
    You were spoiled by grand seiko and the hulk. nothing comes even close to hulk in terms of energy and beauty. especially not german watches
    Something something eye of the beholder something something.

Quote Originally Posted by mark1958 View Post
    I agree, I don't think there is a perfect watch. I am not a flipper but over the years have sold maybe 4-6 watches (from a healthy collection) and I would say that I have had regrets for 3 of them and in fact almost considered repurchasing one or two. So make sure about your decision if you do decide to change. A week may not be long enough to know.
    I’m going to give it at least a month. It’ll take me some time to find the funds to trade up anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio25 View Post
    You were spoiled by grand seiko and the hulk. nothing comes even close to hulk in terms of energy and beauty. especially not german watches ... they are perfect but they dont have the charm of some pateks and rolexes. but i cant believe you like the 1815 chrono more than the old one? i mean whats up with the pulsations ...
    Oh I think the pulsations are cool, and maybe even useful if you want to know your heart rate.

I know what you mean about the Hulk- it has a lot of energy, and I think it contrasts well against the stealthy Langes.

Side note- I don’t understand why the Lange1 “stealth” has it’s name. I’m not sure silver/grey is all that “stealthy”!

CFR

Quote Originally Posted by greentimgreen View Post
    Side note- I don’t understand why the Lange1 “stealth” has it’s name. I’m not sure silver/grey is all that “stealthy”!
    The "Stealth" name came from the fact that this model was the only white metal Lange (other than the Tourbillon Pour Le Merite) that existed when the modern-day Lange company relaunched in 1994. All the other Lange models were yellow gold. It was called "Stealth" because platinum isn't as blingy/flashy as yellow gold -- it could pass as steel -- so the platinum "Stealth" attracted less attention from everyone except those few people on the planet who might recognize it for what it really is. Here's the first Lange price list, from 1994:

Name:  lange_prices_1994_95_DM_small.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  33.5 KB
    Last edited by CFR; 3 Days Ago at 03:41.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    The "Stealth" name came from the fact that this model was the only white metal Lange (other than the Tourbillon Pour Le Merite) that existed when the modern-day Lange company relaunched in 1994. All the other Lange models were yellow gold. It was called "Stealth" because platinum isn't as blingy/flashy as yellow gold -- it could pass as steel -- so the platinum "Stealth" attracted less attention from everyone except those few people on the planet who might recognize it for what it really is. Here's the first Lange price list, from 1994:

Name:  lange_prices_1994_95_DM_small.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  33.5 KB
    This is amazing, thanks for sharing. Can’t believe the prices are in Deutschmarks!

Watch129025 likes this.

...and 1.95ish DM to the Euro.
    So the Saxonias less than EUR 9K.

A month is a good idea, maybe even longer to see if you will connect with the watch long term. Your resale value is going to remain stable for more than a few months (provided you don't drop the watch lol), so I don't see any downside in keeping it for longer, particularly since you did a lot DD when hunting for it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information