1815 Chronograph
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Msiekierski
  • 2 Post By wintershade

Thread: 1815 Chronograph

1815 Chronograph

As i saw from the website they have changed the dial - by adding the pulsations and taking away the 4 and the 8 ... now i am sure it will grow on me... but who in the world uses those pulsations and why destroy the simplicity
    1) Rolex Submariner Date Hulk 116610LV
    2) Rolex Date Just 41 Smooth Jubilee Bleu Dial 126300
    3) Seiko Sarb033
    4) Victorinox Swiss Army Infantry Mechanical 241587
    5) Magrette Moana Pacific Diver

Doctors, who can afford them 😂. At least used to (pulsations, that is...)
    GrouchoM likes this.

CFR

Re: 1815 Chronograph

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio25 View Post
    As i saw from the website they have changed the dial - by adding the pulsations and taking away the 4 and the 8 ... now i am sure it will grow on me... but who in the world uses those pulsations and why destroy the simplicity
    They've changed the 1815 Chrono design a few times over the years. They can't seem to make up their minds about the pulsometer scale!

The first 1815 Chronos, made from 2004-2008, had the pulsometer scale (with no 4, no 8, and not much of a 3 or 9 either). See ref. no. 401.031. Then they went to the simpler design, with no pulsometer scale, from 2010-2017. See ref. no. 402.026. During that time, in 2015, they came out with the boutique edition 1815 Chrono (ref. no. 414.026) -- the one with all-blue printing -- which marked the first return of the pulsometer scale. Finally, in 2017, they brought back more models with the pulsometer scale (see ref. no. 414.031).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: 1815 Chronograph

doctors that can afford it probably have a special equipment that does it automatically ( i assume)
    1) Rolex Submariner Date Hulk 116610LV
    2) Rolex Date Just 41 Smooth Jubilee Bleu Dial 126300
    3) Seiko Sarb033
    4) Victorinox Swiss Army Infantry Mechanical 241587
    5) Magrette Moana Pacific Diver

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio25 View Post
    I was sort of confused by your post, as ALS updated the dial back in 2015, so this change isn’t exactly news.

When was the last time you used the tach on a chronograph? I actually used to race cars and never once used mine.

From a functional perspective, I actually find the pulsometric dial actually has a myriad of uses. As a musician, it’s useful for determining tempo (beats per minute) when listening to a performance. It’s also useful to check ones resting pulse in the morning, as an elevated pulse often is a leading indicator of overtraining (if you’re are an athlete) and an oncoming infection/sickness.

Functionality aside, many (including myself) find the pulsometric dial the main charm of the 1815 Chrono. It gives the watch a delightful retro-vintage aesthetic that separates it from the Datograph and the 1815 up/down. Also in person, the sunken dial gives the watch an incredible additional sense of depth. Personally I find the dial of the Mk2 1815 Chrono (sans pulsometric scale) to be the least attractive of the bunch, but different strokes for different folks.....
    greentimgreen and GrouchoM like this.

Thread Information