LANGE Boutique Discounts possible in DUBAI..? - Page 2

Thread: LANGE Boutique Discounts possible in DUBAI..?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by weisscomposer View Post
    The only other benefit to buying at a boutique that I can think of is that building a relationship directly with Lange through multiple, full-price purchases, could open up opportunities to buy limited edition pieces later on.
    You don’t need to buy from a boutique to be offered LE pieces (and boutique edition pieces seem easy to find on secondary market). If you are a good customer of an AD you can do this as well, with the added benefit of betting access to watches from multiple brands. I was offered a Triple Split and FPJ CB from an AD with whom I’ve spent a few $100K on watches for myself and fine jewelry for my wife over the last couple years. I think the key is loyalty and consistent purchasing.

Re: LANGE Boutique Discounts possible in DUBAI..?

You could get any Lange for up to 50% off online, I would not go to a boutique for als, although I would only get op ap and Rolex as I’m biased against Richemont and any group of hedge fund owned brands, especially if they closed down for half a century

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzole View Post
    You could get any Lange for up to 50% off online, I would not go to a boutique for als, although I would only get op ap and Rolex as I’m biased against Richemont and any group of hedge fund owned brands, especially if they closed down for half a century
    Pp not op ^ autocorrect :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here's what I don't understand: Whatever "perk" you hope to get by buying at a boutique needs to be worth at least as much as the money you would've saved buying the watch at an AD that can make an accommodation on price.

Let's say you're buying a Saxonia Thin for $15,200 and you found an AD who is willing to give you a 10% discount. That means whatever perks the boutique offers has to be "worth" at least $1,520 for you to break even. I suppose $1,520 is a value one could justify for a custom engraved balance cock. But would they throw in a $3,000 deployant, too?

How about buying a Lange 1 for $34,700 at an AD with a 10% discount. Now boutique perks have to be "worth" at least $3,470. You're almost breaking even if they offer to throw in a deployant (that's if you even wanted one in the first place). Add that to custom engraving on the balance cock and it might be worth it if you want both of those things.

But what about the high-roller big spenders? The Datograph Up/Down lists for $71,600. What are you getting by buying at the boutique that is worth the $7,160 you could've saved at an AD?

The only other benefit to buying at a boutique that I can think of is that building a relationship directly with Lange through multiple, full-price purchases, could open up opportunities to buy limited edition pieces later on.
    Datograph flyback is $60000aud on chrono

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a VERY cool perk as long as you plan to keep the watch in your collection forever, or to pass it down one day.

I wonder what the turnaround time on that kind of request is. I'd imagine they're essentially building a new watch just for you, rather than disassembling one and swapping out the balance cock.
    It's 3 month turnaround on a custom balance cock. You get to approve the design so there's some back and forth with the designer and engraver.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information